Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
ksordh,

Congrats sounds like such a weird thing to say but... congrats anyway. Yes, she will be madder than a wet hen but you will be in control of when you see her and how long you spend with her so if she is a miserable cuss, you can cut the visit short.

My mother has plateaued in her rehab, partially because she puts no effort into it. The other evening, I visited her and she was particularly out of it and would do nothing more than glare at me. I mentioned it to her attendant on my way out. He went down to check on her and she refused to go to bed (very out of character of her - she LOVES lying in bed). Then she started crying and saying how nobody likes her and I particular, how I hate her. It was bad enough that he called in the psychiatrist who spoke to her and adjusted her meds. The attendant also asked the doctor to order labs and...guess what... no, you will never guess... Yep, you got it. Another UTI.

Two days later and I see much improvement in mood and cognition. Still wacky and mean but not as wacky and mean.

She is coming home on Tuesday, BTW. Incredibly, the rehab center cured her on exactly the same day as her benefits ran out.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter