Follow

It breaks my heart.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Does she keep asking to go home?
(0)

Yes I don't know why it didn't post the whole question. Also keeps asking to come to my house but I'm afraid she wont go back to her own house.
(0)

With the dementia, she may not really realize it's your house. Once inside your house, she may want to go back across the street. Her ability to know places and even people may fluctuate. Often dementia patients want to go home or to a place that is home in their mind. It's not necessarily the place you think it is.

I wouldn't feel bad about it. If you don't feel comfortable with her coming into your house, then just visit with her in her home or visit in the yard or elsewhere. There is nothing magical about her coming to your house. There is no assurance that it will satisfy her yearning. Even if you do it, she may not recall that it happened later on. Perhaps you can try to focus on her something else like flowers, photos, music and she may get distracted from talking about your house.

Dementia patient often fixate on things that will not satisfy them. Try not to let it get you down.
(1)

Angela55, my mother also has Dementia. We shifted her to Luvida Memory Care in Belton,TX. Her condition has improved now.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter