Follow

She died this afternoon in the hospital. Her white blood count was 57,000 and the c-diff was still active even after treatment. She started breathing rapidly and had a rattle in her chest. She was given Lasix but it didn't help. We gave her some morphine and she had started to receive her 2nd dose when she died. My husband, sister and myself were with her when she took her last breath.

While I am sad she us gone, she has been healed and is in heaven.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Granny, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've read many of your posts about your mom and saw how gut-wrenching it was for you to go through the rollercoaster ride of elder care. All I can say is I'm glad she's in heaven where she there is no more illness. I pray He wipes away your tears and heartache and you will come out of this more alive than ever. You certainly went above and beyond to love and care for her. Peace be with you sweetheart.
(1)

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope that you find a comfort in knowing that you there for her when she needed you. May you find peace in your heart whenever you think about her and remember that she was so loved.
(0)

savinggranny, I am so sorry to read that she is gone. Hugs and caring being sent to carry you through the next few days. You were there for her until the end and I know she is grateful for that.
(0)

Savinggranny, I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad that she is at peace.
(0)

(((((((hugs)))))) may the peace of God that passes all understanding be with you
(0)

So sorry and I hope soon you are able to rejoice to know that she is no longer sick & will be waiting on you. What a reunion it will be one day!
(0)

SavingGranny, I know the rush of emotions you are feeling right now having gone through it in June. It is sad but at the same time a complete relief to know that you did the best that you could. As my doctor told me a few days after Mom died, now you concentrate on taking care of yourself.
(0)

SavingGranny, I am so sorry for your loss.
(0)

Saving Granny I know the pain you are feeling. May God give you comfort and strength.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter