Woke up at 6 a.m. to Moms scream, then the inevitable crash.

Follow

She fell getting on to her porta-potty and the contents went flying EVERYWHERE!. Not having a good day and have no one but Y'all to complain to.Thanks for listening.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
Book, I think your siblings are dry and probably dull. One must find something to laugh about!
Mom told me how she would put my greeting cards "up on the altar" for all to see. The ALTAR was the family room TV set.
And to think she is a Quaker minister's daughter!
(0)

So...here is my suggestions for those special needs for those oops moments.
Get a can or other appropriate shaped container and cover it with the paper from the Pecan box or draw pictures of pecans and write on it Pecans...It is now the official "Pee Can" .
Bonnie
(1)

Sorry, no exhange of humorous anecdotes. Just wanted to thank you ladies for making me giggle this morning. I don't have your sense of humor (more towards being sarcastic - but not the mean kind). I think my siblings would read your humor with grossness of the situation. But I sure do appreciate your brand of humor! Thanks...
(1)

BoniC - so glad for you! Hope you're having a great day!
(0)

Hi BonnieW...it's good evening here (I'm on the east coast). Yeah, we got the call from Lifeline and rushed over. It was cold and snowy and OH so agonizing having to stumble out of a warm bed and tug on boots and heavy jackets. Huge relief to find her ok tho. She's a hot ticket..keeps me on my toes, that's for sure!
Your story about the slippers had me still giggling an hour after I read it, mainly because we bought mil a pair of boot slippers about a year or so ago and I could SO picture her doing the same thing, only with her it would probably be upchucking. She gets hiccups sometimes and for some reason they make her nauseaus...always grabs the nearest "receptacle" on hand. Usually it's a waste basket if she's able to reach one, but she's also ralfed into a tupperware bowl and once on the way to her neurologist's she used her hat.
(2)

Birds were singing and even better..... Brother (my hero) took her OUT for the day! Thanks for asking Bonnie! Enjoying EVERY minute of peace!
(3)

Good morning Roni and other cyber friends,
Were the birds singing?
YaYa, that was quite the story about your mil. Did you rush over at 2AM or were you ever notified of her need "for help I've fallen and can't get up"?
(0)

Thanks for another giggle. Going to bed now. Let's hope I wake to the birds singing tomorrow!
(2)

His Boni, ladies. I too can sooo relate, only for me it's not the sound of the crash but the ringing of the phone. I don't live with my MIL but we're right around the corner from her. She pushes her Lifeline button and our phone starts ringing...my heart leaps into my throat, my stomach ties up in knots....falls are always so scary, and such a crappy way to wake up! It's also good to be able to laugh about them once you know everyone's ok. Several months ago MIL lost her balance trying to transfer off the toilet. She felt herself going and, in her words "grabbed onto the handrail and just slid down easy". This was around 2 AM. Thankfully she wasn't hurt but we found her in a very awkward - and compromising - position, scrunched between the toilet and her washing machine with her nightgown up around her waist and no Depend on (she "hadn't gotten around to that yet"). She'd pulled the package of Depends out of the cupboard and was using it for a pillow, and there were two rolls of TP wedged between her feet and the base of the toilet...I have NO idea how she managed to get them down there but her reasoning behind it was she thought she could use them for "leverage". To do what?, I asked. "To get myself up!" (like, duh!) I said, And how did that work for ya? She gave me a wry smile and said "not so good" and we both laughed. Her mind works in mysterious ways sometimes but I love her!
(4)

Boni Roni, I share your sense of dread. I'm glad nothing was broken and you were able to get her up. Not a good way to start off the day. I think I would have gone back to bed after that -- enough for the day... :)
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions