Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
BPSP - your mother knew you loved her - it showed even here when you asked for help to try and address her agitation. Please don't feel guilty over the meals - things happen in their own time. My sincere sympathies.
(0)

I am so sorry. Sometimes in their last days it can be like they're feeling better. It is like they are sampling a little bit more of the life that they will be leaving here. The day my father died at the hospital, he ate a big turkey sandwich and drank all of a strawberry Insure. It was more than he had eaten in a long time. Right after he ate he went into the final hour of breathing as his lung filled. I don't think it had to do with the meal. It was just the final surge that he was going through. I am so glad that he got to enjoy the turkey sandwich before he left. My father was ready to leave his life here on earth. He passed peacefully.

I am glad to read that your mother also got to enjoy a little bit more of life before it was her time to cross over. We can never predict exactly when it will be. We just have to make them as comfortable as possible while they are still here.
(2)

BDSP37 I am so sorry for Your sad Loss. Your Mom knew You Loved Her because You Cared for Her, and Your Mom knew She could always count on You. Indeed I know the great pain You are felling right now as My own Mother passed away in mid June. Sadly none of Us are ever ready for death because it creeps up on Us long before We expect it. I questioned Myself many times, " if I had done this, or should I have done some thing else instead...and I stopped all of that nonsense as I know that We did Our best. Be thankful Your dear Mom did not suffer, as She had a beautiful peaceful painless death. Give Yourself plenty time to heal BDSP and take Your time, but please come back to this wonderful Site again, since You have a wealth of experience to help many more Caregivers Who kneed advice and encouragement. I know that I would not have been able to Care for My own Mother had it not been for Aging Care . Com.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter