Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
well here is an update. Mom called tonight from where ever she is and wants to come home. She has not had the Alchzimers nor Dementia test run. She said she would acquiesce just to come home. So i quickly looked the word up and it meant to agree with some reluctance. Well that told me ut o0o0oh. So i laid down the rules test first adult protective service counselor therapist etc etc before she comes home. She says well ok but i want you to admit to strangeling me, trying to drown me etc etc. Well i was outraged first off i did not do that to begin with and 11 days later we are still there.. I said no mom i will not admit to somethingi never did you know this is not true adn i refuse to say that . well she got mad threatened me that s he was moving and etc etc. So i said ok Mom you do what you want but i will not allow this mess back into my house. I am sorry but i love you and this is a dance i refuse to finish with you. My life has calmed down and things here are great and i can not continue watching your destructive behavior. So for once the first time in my life i choose me and my son and i am sorry i can not help her but i do not have the tools and skills to help. She was upset and hung up the phone.
However i am proud of me i finally after 56 years said no and felt i could live with out her love. I did it... i am so proud of me
(3)

I'm proud of you, too! You rock!

Stay strong. This isn't going to be the end of the matter, but now you know you can do it!
(1)

Lisa~you did the right thing even though it was hard to do. I am so proud you stood up for yourself and your son!!! Just remember your mom may be mentally ill but she knows how to manipulate you. In order for you to get help for your mother you must stand strong against her. It is hard for you to do it but you have started the process...Congratulations on that!!! WE are with you and you are worth it as well as your son!! Keep us posted and we will support you♥!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter