Follow

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/movies/michael-apted-dead.html

I don't know how many have lifelong been enamored of Michael Apted's UP series. He followed a group of British Children from age 7 into late middle age, every 7 years doing interviews with them about their life. If you have not seen these, try to start with his first "7 Up" and watch all the way to his last (which he believed might in fact be the last he was able to document) which is 63 Up. It was amazing to see the life experiences of these kids from youth to age.

I sure will miss knowing this fellow is still in our world.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Brillient concept & well made, thoughtful doco films. Both joyous & sad to watch 😄😓
(0)

Alva, yes, a great series. A chronicle of our times, and a slice of social history too.
(1)

Barb I have yet to see the last of the series. Wish I had. I did read a long article about him in the NY Times, and his recognition this was likely his last.
(1)

Alva, I am quite enamoured of the 7 Up series. I saw the last one last year in a small theater without about 10 other women of my age. We were all weeping at the end.

I surely hope that Michael Apted's associates will bring us some additional updates on this special group that we've watched mature and age.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter