my father inlaw has alz and parkinsins and i care for him everyday for 10 to 12 hours and i get calls in the nite if he wakes then i go to him but we can not find a medicare card and don't no if he has one so were not sure what to do can anyone give us help

thank you

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Well the first thing that you would have to do is go through all of his papers and see what he has. Next, check to see if he has a medicare card(red, white&blue) with his name and his social security on it. Next, check to see is he has a birth certificate, alien registration card or an american passport. If you can find his medicare card you can go to the social security office and ask for a duplicate social security card. If he does not have legal status in this country(not a u.s. citizen or a legal alien) then he still will not have the medicare card. The important thing is to get alll the paperwork ready, get the ball rolling through social security so that he can begin to apply for disability benefits. And that ususally takes a while. Meanwhile, the phone number to the social security office is:1-800-772-1213. I pray to god that this will be of some help to you and your loved ones. Please keep me posted.....

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter