Medicaid Fraud Investigation

Follow

So on the forum, people often ask about hiding assets or how to scam Medicaid. Right now, I am cooperating in a fraud investigation so I thought maybe people would like to know what happens. At first you get contacted, phone first in my situation. It is uncomfortable because whether you do something wrong or not, they try to make you feel guilty. My appointment to meet with them was this week and they want detailed information. I did not sleep the night before because I did not know what to expect. I am not personally the type that keeps hard copies of anything. So this is the information they request: 1. Detailed records of any financial data. I have 3 types of accounting software on my computer. I had used Quickbooks for finances and had scanned receipts into the software as an attachment to the voucher. There is an audit trail enabled which date and time stamps everything. 2. Detailed information of correspondence. I have an app on my phone which backs up all calls and text messages to my gmail account. I only had to sort from there. Everything was time and date stamped for two reasons proof of facts and to give the auditor enough information so that questions are limited and my time isnt wasted (I am a salaried employee so I get paid the same no matter what but if someone is hourly, they could lose wages if not properly organized). 3. Before they look at the information you provide, they try to question you to trip a person up. I have dealt with alot of audits due to my job so my response to them was, "I am not being paid to do your job so do your job then ask questions in writing." I spent about $100 on an external hard drive which I downloaded Quickbooks files, text messages, emails and phone calls on to turn over to make my life easier. I just thought people should be informed of what the audit entails.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
And again, i want to apologize because I am afraid I will snap.
(0)

I am not trying to be rude right now but there have been people there from the beginning, barb, guest, CM and staceyb among others because they have been there since the beginning...not the fake bs from the "caring regulars" who say what you want to heat or instigate drama and they know who they are.  I am so really done with thay but hey report this post so it can be remobed and you can feel better about yourselves
 This is not to be offensive to anyone else but im scared of spirialing out of control again and i do not think i can do it all again or the judgmental bs that may come with it.
(0)

Good idea, Pepsee.... same as I say!
(1)

Bubble bath....
(1)

So today was just a bad day. I went to the store to buy dirt got hit on...sorry at 5 '9 and 134 lbs and your told your curvy when your used to 108 lbs is alot to handle, I feel completely obese right now when I know I am not and I know it sounds stupid but it is what it is.

I received a request for a second interview and I do not want to do it. Idk, I am just kind of done.
(2)

That's great. So take some time off and get you and Dad settled in.
(0)

Whew, tacy. Hang in there. You sure have been through a lot. (((hugs)))
(2)

Joann, I was Secretary/Treasurer on Board of directors so they need to pay me three years severance and insurance until me or my spouse whoever is younger hits Medicare age. The papers obviously never expected a resignation. They don't have a choice since it was their misconduct and a lawsuit would cost them alot more. And my phone number is changed at 12 am tonight.
(6)

As soon as I read "coworker gave brother my number" there was grounds for a lawsuit. No, don't expect you to do that. But as an owner of the company, he should have known better. Hope they do right by you. Maybe grounds for collecting unemployment. You quit because "violation of privacy". Wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe this is the start of something good. I assume you changed your phone # again.
(5)

Pepsee I did not take it offensive I don't get offended easily. I have just been busy with alot this weekend and I dont yhink you were around during the caregiving and breakdown.

I have been looking for another job because people retired and the culture is very bad. I found out one of my coworkers (President of company) was friends with the brother, gave him my personal number that I had changed based on Barbs advice in the past. He called and I found out that they signed a subcontract and he would be supervising a project for his work from the office a few times a week. I cant be around him without throwing up. I was taken off Zanex cold turkey after all this "supposedly ended", went through weeks of withdrawl and cant do it again. So I resigned effective immediately. Told them to have their lawyer draw up a severence package for me to sign because they violated my privacy and many other reasons. Men gossip worse than women so I already have offers on the table from competitors, customers, vendors and the bank. I guess this is just a babbling tirade.
(5)

1 2 3
Related
Questions