Follow

Mom wants to be home.

I want her back home.

The system will not budge. The system knows better.

Court appointed Guardian, never met her, but she's selling our home.

Never asked us, and poof, mama's in the nursing home from hell.

For a month, no visits, COVID time.

Try calling? Mom gets moved around bed to bed, new phone number every few days.

Remote receptionist answers the main line, sometimes.

Ordered mama an Alzheimer's phone on amazon.

Brought her two special books. One signed by a friend who's gone.

Oops books are gone. Pictures are gone, Alzheimer's phone is gone

Her memory is ...
Surprise! Food poisoning!

She was a hero.

Why is this happening? She always asks.
I don't have an answer.

Every once in a while , it's just too much.

OK back in the saddle!

-sending love form massachusetts

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
@gladimhere
reddit has never required an account to view their contents. Just in case I logged out and tested, and it is still visible. The post, the comments, and the upvotes would be hard to reproduce. Which part would you like me to copy/paste?
(1)

Not everyone has a reddit account, nor do they want one, it would be better to copy and paste here.
(0)

@GardenArtist thank you. Here's a good summary: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/r8f29v/guardianshipconservatorship_abuse_social_workers/

and an update with more legal nitty gritty:
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/rondur/update_hostile_court_appointed/

I still have not managed to find an attorney. But the court finally accepted my adverse petition. This takes the matter off of 'Fast Track' and requires a trial. It may just be that the Judge and people that really call the shots only gave it a minute of glance because everything is more backed up than ever in history.

Oh and got my 7 day Westlaw trial! Wow it makes a difference.
(0)

NerdMafia, what were the circumstances for the court appointed guardian?   And on what basis is the home being listed for sale?

This sounds like a situation I read about in pleadings filed when I worked for a good estate planning firm.   But financial abuse was also involved.  I read the pleadings when they were received and was horrified at the near $50K the appointed attorney guardian was billing, for I believe, an approximate 6 month period.  

This guy swooped in like a vulture, banned neighbors, "upgraded" the home, and took other actions that I can't remember.  I knew I would never turn to any institute, state or otherwise, for assistance.  Nor would I ever work for that jerk or that firm.

Do you have your own attorney or are you still acting in pro per (a/k/a pro se)?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter