Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
The common denominator between all of Us Carers here on this wonderful Age / Action Site is Love.
The adoring Love We all shared with Our beautiful Parents Who became Our best Friends, and Who We Cared for in the last years of their long and wonderful Lives. Since my Father died 29 years before Mom, Mother became Mom & Dad to me. She was the One I'd always turn to for consul, and Who had such great wisdom, and had a very balanced view of Life. As We grew closer We became best Friends. We were really like Husband & Wife as We were always together socially, and We always went on holidays together. Mom was beautiful company and I miss Her sense of humour, and loud Hearhy Laugh, She was great fun. I never knew any Person Who could match their code of dress better than Mom, although Mother always drew my at tension to Ricki Fowler the American Golfer when We watched the golf on Tv, and Mom would say " look at Ricki Fowler the beautiful matching colour as the peak of His cap would be purple, also His belt and the souls of His shoes, as Mother would have said " He's georgous. We could sit in Our conservatory together for an hour or more and not talk yet feel so comfortable, as Mom might be knitting a cardigan for Her GrandDaughter while I would be reading the News Paper, and how often I remember saying " do You know Mother I was just thinking of ( SOME PERSON ) and Mother would have said " well fancy that " wasn't I just thinking of Him Myself just now. Even though it is almost 8-months since Mother passed on, I miss Her more than words can express and I feel an emptiness inside me. I know that I will never meet any one Who will even resemble Mom. She was beautiful, but I feel Blessed to have had Mom for my Mother and for sharing Our Lives for 56- years. Caring for Mom at home for the last three years of Her Life was never a chore or a sacrifice for me, no it was an honour because I Loved My Mother. The home We shared is just a house now, since it has lost its Soul. Yes Mom was the Heart beat of Our Family, and the pulse of Our Lived. There is an eery silence about the house now, and I can even hear the kitchen wall clock ticking as I script this post, that's a sound I never heard before. But I do feel Blessed, because Mom's greatest gift to me is my Faith as I talk to Mother every night through my Prayers, and I believe if I Lead a good and Holy Life, I will meet Mother again on the other Side.
(2)

Lost both grandparents, then my Dad and now Mom has Parkinson's. XXX
(1)

So glad this thread came to my attention. My mother died 12 weeks ago (less two and a half hours). I cared foe her at home while Alzheimers took more and moreof the mother I grew up with. She became the darling, loving, trusting soul that I think was her natural state. We had at home hospice for the last year and I am grateful to The Connecticut Hospice team we had.

It is still too raw for me to write about her and so, I shall leave that for another visit to this thread.

Thank you.
(1)

It's Saturday Mom. "Our Day"...the day we Always went searching for more neat stuff we didn't need.
I feel your Love,but I don't see you and I miss your sweet,little face So much.I'd give anything for one more day with You.Give Dad a big hug from me.
(4)

(1)

Oh yes, thank you for this thread. I just lost my mom, who i love so much. it's the little things that are hardest. and i know that she is no longer suffering, but i miss her. i didn't know where to look, just for a place to talk. i know i will come bak here often.
(1)

So sorry you will be missing your loved ones during these holidays.
Love, from Send
(5)

Thank you Gershun~
(1)

Lucky I know how you feel. Going to the mall is the hardest for me. Mom and I spent so much time browsing together, stopping for coffees, then browsing some more. When I walk through the mall now I imagine the things she would say when I pass certain stores. We used to stand outside this store that sells bridesmaids gowns and fancy frocks. I'd always say, oh, you should wear that one on Christmas day and I'll wear that one and then the two of us would laugh imagining everyone's face.

This time of year is the hardest for people who have lost loved ones Lucky. Just try to think of your Mom fondly and cry if you want to. I get watery eyes quite a bit these days. But somehow when I am feeling the sadness for her, it makes me feel close to her too in a weird kind of way.

Take care Lu!
(4)

It took ALL I had in me to go to the mall,but I needed a top to wear for Thanksgiving so I forced myself to go.So many times I went to show Mom something or ask her something and then I'd remember and my heart would sink realizing she'll never be beside me again,I'm alone from here on.The Christmas music made it even harder and a flood of memories from last Christmas washed over me.The holidays I have dreaded are now here.
(3)

Thank you for your heartfelt contribution to the memory of your Son, Captain.
Too young to die, age 26.
(3)

Okay Cap.........some of us say I love you. You say suck balls. Whatever works for ya.
(3)

lost my son 2 days ago .
my letter to him would simply says " suck balls " .
thats man / son talk that means everything but what you might think .
(4)

In memory of your loss...
(0)

Posting
(1)

Bringing this back up to the top for YOU who have lost someone.
(2)

Mother's Beautiful Hands
Those beautiful hands......
Decorated cupcakes for school and Halloween
Picked me up when I fell down
Changed my diapers
Nursed me back to health,over & over
Sewed the most beautiful clothes for me
Cooked the best meals & mainly best desserts
Made candies remembered by everyone
Did beautiful needlepoint & embroidery
Cleaned & made our house a home
Played dolls with me
Taught me to hold a book & read to me
Rubbed my back
Curled my hair and tied my bows
Held mine and made me feel safe and loved
Clapped for me
Drove me to my marimba lessons
Did crafts with my Girl Scout troup & helped me with Tiny Tots
Wrote me letters when I was far from home
Wrapped my wonderful Birthday gifts
Rode a bike to Springfield Lake and back home
Priced tags to sell our stuff we collected as"sh%t search'n sisters
Carried me to bed
Stroked my forhead and tucked me in
Performed "Charlotte" the spider in "Charlotte's Web"
Drove my friends and I around town
Wiped my tears away
Rocked me to sleep
Prayed for me and with me
Comforted me in troubled times
Dressed me for church
Loved me
Thank you Mother
I love you
(7)

Lu, What a positive and sweet expression to honor your Mom, in heaven, on her birthday today!
(1)

Happy First Birthday in Heaven Mom.....
(3)

Bringing this back to the top.
(1)

mom, dad died and I wish i could talk to you... I guess it is better for you to not know... but i miss you and miss our talks...
I wish you could comfort me.
(2)

I love you dad.
everyone hated(s) me because I was your favorite.
I am sorry i didnt protect you from her.
You gave me all of you, and I gave all of me to you.
You trusted me and me only.
I am sorry I didnt protect you.
(2)

Oh Lucky and others my heart goes out to you guys. Even though I knew my mom's time was short, I was glad I got to see her on Easter this year, as it was the last time I would see her. When I got the call early Monday, I knew what happened. She fought hard too, scared to die, but the body can only fight so long in that condition.

Now that it's been a few months, I feel the grief is more profound. Her birthday has passed, and holidays are hard I'm coming to see. I miss her terribly and it's really settled in that she's gone. Even in my grief though, I still am thankful the Lord took her, rather than for her to suffer long. Several weeks after the funeral, I was sleep and saw her approach me and blow in my ear, something she used to do when I was a kid. It was her body but it wasn't. It was like she glided over to me. It felt so real I woke up and sat up in the bed. At the time it freaked me out, but now it brings me some comfort.

I try to look at old photos and other times before she got sick, as not to get caught in no man's land too long, and focus too much on the last few years. Her life was much more than that and worthy of the space in my head to think on those things. It doesn't make the grief go away, no, but even in the grief are times of smiling and joy over her life to make it more bearable. God bless you all for the love in your hearts.
(4)

I hate the way it all played out.Getting to and through Christmas was so difficult with 2 birthdays before on top and I almost lost her Dec.13th and I felt our time running out and I saw her fading and then we stayed up the entire night Christmas Eve and wished each other "Merry Christmas" at midnight and I wrapped gifts all night long until everyone came for our usual Christmas morning celebration but Mother couldn't move out of her lift chair and she couldn't make it to the living room where the tree and gifts were to see all we'd done together and the 3 of us "kids" brought her our big gift to her and I opened each one for her and she smiled and thanked us and then fell asleep and my Uncle came and he and I knew she wouldn't make it to his home that night for our Christmas dinner so we hoped she'd be better the next day but the next morning at 11:10 she began her awful breathing and began to leave us but Mother didn't want to die and leave us and she was scared to go off by herself she said,so she fought against death for 16 and a half hours straight.And then she left forever and then just hours later,I had to help plan her funeral and pick out her casket,write her obituary,the visitation and funeral and then the burial and suddenly everything as I knew it changed.I just hate how it all played out and I never dreamed it would be like it is now.
(3)

Luckylu that is too bad that your Mom had to die on your Birthday. My Mom died just 4 hours short of Mother's Day. I guess it was Mother's Day somewhere in the world.
(4)

The earth just cannot hold some persons, spirit, or angels. I can think of One.
(3)

Lucky hun I feel for you. Dad died 2 days before my birthday and they wanted the funeral to be on my birthday but I declined. I couldn't face that as well. I think that is really why I don't want to be buried - that and I would contaminate the earth in all likelihood - well thats what Mum says. It is difficult sweetheart but trust me whatever day it had been would be etched in your mind xxxx
(4)

I just got home from going to Mother's grave.Her name had been engraved on the stone and the dates,Her Birthday in 1929 and the day she died,my Birthday in Dec.2015.Now I'll have to see that everytime I go and it hurts so bad.I'll never understand why of ALL days,and after fighting so hard for so many years it had to be that day......and nobody should have to pick out their Mother's casket on their Birthday either.I just don't get why.
(4)

Xxx
(0)

Thanks for sharing your Mom's story AmyGrace. I am glad for you that she is at peace now.
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter