Follow

Recently in Discussions PerfumeGarden posted about the possibility of getting paid, as POA, to do other care, personal, and estate management care.

I said what I have always said, that the "enrichment" clauses in POA documents preclude being paid other than what is stipulated by the POA document (usually 1%-2%).

After the OP responding that you can be in PA I began to look more into CA law, where I am from and was pretty certain of. Looks like I was wrong. All the research I am finding is VERY vague but there are ways you CAN be paid when you make, with an attorney, a document that is specific as to duties and charges, and take it before a court for approval.

I had no idea. So lots more under the law than I had a clue of.

Think I may have led some astray being adamant in my opinion, esp. GNarley who had questions specifically about that in CA. and wasn't getting answers from an attorney.

Oh, well, more under the sun than I know, for certain.

I better just keep saying "go to an attorney" (Doctor, accountant, what have you.)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you, AlvaDeer!
(1)

Right Alva, what your research might indicate is some hybrid between a personal care contract and a poa. It says to me that you can pay a lawyer for a customized plan that a court will have to approve. Most haven’t done that, so I think, Alva, that your original advice thus applies to most people.
(1)

The main words here are "Lawyer and Court".
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter