Follow
Read More
4 5 6 7 8
I do side bends, leg lifts and tummy exercises while waiting for the kettle to boil or the microwave to ding. If I'm watching t.v. I'll do exercises during the commercial breaks.

But yes, doughnuts do drown out my I've got to exercise thoughts quite often. :)
(1)

That's awful Glad. We lost a small town here in British Columbia due to horrible fires. In fact we've had very extreme weather patterns here this year. Record breaking heat in the summer, flooding in the fall due to endless rain and now a deep freeze and snow so far this winter.

Climate change is real.
(1)

Finally, in the mid 40's low wind speed, outside for my steps, though it was smoky! Just to the west of here about 80 miles wind speeds are 80-100 mph. Crazy grass fires burning very fast! Smoky here, but can sure see the smoke all around the area. Whole towns are evacuated. Three hundred homes burnt already! The fire just started about noon. Hospital is on fire.

Brand new Marriott hotel is a complete loss.
(1)

Helen if you plan for it you can fit in extra steps in all kinds of ways - it's surprising how many you can get in while you wait for the microwave to to warm your coffee or lunch, and I always add extra steps by going the long way through my basement whenever I need something downstairs. I think all those experts who advise so many steps or minutes of exercise mean well but they can be discouraging to people who can't make those standards, just remember every little bit counts!
(and enjoy that donut 🍩)
(0)

I really do want to start exercising. I think about it. I plan for it. But then there is the chocolate donut that calls to me. About the only exercising I get in is stairs. There are 14 stairs to get to the upstairs condos where I live, so I climb the stairs. Can do 3 sets now. Up and down, up and down, up and down. Should at least try to do it twice a day, but feel proud of myself for doing it once. With Sciatica and Neuropathy, it's a wonder I can do it at all, but proud of myself when I accomplish the 3 sets.
(4)

Walked the hall again today. Maybe will go outside tomorrow, temp is to get to the 50's.
(1)

The kettlebell I keep under the deck was cold and wet from the cold, rainy weather we’ve been having here in CA but I still did my 20 swings each arm. Want to start walking more again too.
(1)

Hall walking again today. I did get it done.
(2)

5,000?! That is long winded but very impressive!😮😉
(1)

It's frigid weather here in B.C. right now. Minus 10 degrees. I won't be going for my outdoor walks cause of that and our workout room is closed due to covid........so couch potato days for a bit I guess.

I admire those of you who are dedicated enough to pace while on the phone and walk the hall. Good on ya!
(1)

I like to pace when I'm on the phone, since sister is long winded I can often get 5000 steps in that way!
(3)

LOL! too cold and windy today to get out for my 3,000 steps. Well, I have a long hall, did it inside, about 1.5 miles back and forth!
(3)

Ahh, come on CW. I walked uphill both ways in elementary school in blizzards. It just got boring. 😉 I more enjoy the calmness and being able to enjoy the scenery.
(1)

Your viking ancestors wouldn't have let a little wind stop them Glad, they'd be out there walking 10 miles, uphill both ways, barefoot😬
😜
(2)

the last two day, I went for long walks. Today, hoping to keep it up, but the winds are too much this morning, hopefully later this afternoon.
(2)

Hope the initial assessment happens tomorrow. We are under a high wind warning, up to 100mph for tomorrow. Could easily blow down power lines, then no internet and no assessment. Just when I was starting to look forward to begin to get in shape.
(0)

It is orange and I also got matching, you know the little flat soccer pylons the kids used for practice? I got two of those, orange of course and they match the rope. It is marked off in increments. Maybe 4 yards long marked with tape each yard? I will check later.

Assessment s tomorrow. I suppose we then I will know.

Withings model is called Move.
(0)

Now you've got me curious, I wanna know what the rope is for...
(0)

I received my equipment via FedEx yesterday. Included were a step, a rope (not the jumping variety), a withings activity tracker, metronome, Ox pulse meter, a selfie tripod (better make sure I am presentable), tape measure, exercise bands, hmmmm what else?
(1)

I got up today and went down to the workout room in our bldg. I prefer my outside walks but it's rainy today. So I went on the treadmill for 50 min. at 4 m. p. h., then went up to my place and did some stomach and arm exercises.

I think I'll start trying to do my exercise when I first get up. Just get it over with for the day. Then I can relax and not feel guilty about not exercising.

I have started not eating after 7pm. and that really seems to help with weight loss.
(4)

Update: I have now been doing 20 kettlebell swings per arm each morning since March of this year according to this thread and I am pleased to say that it has paid off! I have some nice muscles now, a bit of definition.

Linking the exercise to another daily task (sweeping under the bird feeders) was the key to doing it consistently enough to get results.
(3)

Yay, Sendhelp! That is great.
(1)

Gave away my wheelchair in October.
I have been done with falling for several years now.
(1)

Try to Google "most comfortable seat for exercise bike" there are some interesting options there.
(1)

I've tried some different seats Glad, so far none of them have felt any better (unfortunately) 🤔
(2)

CW you can always order a more comfortable seat.
(1)

🤣 you inspired me to get on my exercise bike today
(2)

Since my July surgery I have started gaining weight. I checked for PT out here in rural USA, none with post cancer experience. I came across a research study being conducted by the medical teaching university program in the big city for post treatment exercise. I applied, and was accepted to the study. Time to get off the couch. The study will send me some equipment including a fit bit type device.

Intake is week after next, should be interesting, and virtual. I love living in rural America but we sure don't have the services of populated areas. This program is 100% virtual so very convenient and will get me moving.
(4)

I still have have the exercise bike I got in the 80's (I think). It lived at my mom's for years and she used to ride it occasionally right up until she couldn't sit astride it anymore. I don't know how she did it because my backside can't stand it for more than 10 minutes 🤔
(2)

Happy Saturday Exercise Buddies!
Today's exercise could be hauling out those Christmas decorations, and hanging some Christmas lights, if you do that.

Others will be walking, walking, and more walking.

Does anyone use an exercise bicycle or Pelaton?
(3)

4 5 6 7 8
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter