Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Need, I do calf raises up onto toes in queues too!
Cwillie, I also do marches or squats while the kettle boils!

We are all just fabulous 👏 👏👏

This week I've been researching the GLA:D program (GLA:D®, Good Life with osteoArthritis from Denmark). Took some searching but found videos online to instruct me.

Once dinner goes down it is time for 'trunk' exercises. I hope they make me look LESS tree trunk shaped 😁
(3)

So I guess one shouldn't assume that all those ladies doing a little dance when they are in line need the toilet.... they are just exercising? 😜
(1)

I just found some bungee exercise videos on YouTube and it looks like so much fun! I want one for my home (lol)
(1)

cw,

I have seen those. It does look fun.

I loved jumping on a trampoline when I was a kid. Bungee jumping has the same fun vibe as trampoline jumping.
(0)

I hope all AC members are getting a little exercise in here and there as 🍁🍁🍁🏋️‍♀️Fall 🏋️‍♀️🍁🍁🍁is upon us.

I have been pretty consistent continuing my 15 minute YouTube exercise video (JJ's Fit Club Workout 1.0) routine Monday, Wednesday and Friday and have found I am really turning a corner with it: for instance, today, I felt much peppier during the "step-up" portion of the video (stepping up on a stool or chair holding a lighter weight), and I have been able to do more reps of several exercises.

Also, besides reassuring myself that “it’s only 15 minutes,” I also find exercising more palatable when I give myself permission in advance to switch out any routines within the 15 minute video. For instance, sometimes I do a deep stretch or just a more fun exercise instead of one of the ones in the video. It works for me!
(4)

We've moved into the cold and wet time of year and today I'm stuck in the house, I do sometimes walk with my umbrella in the summer but when it's cold it's just too miserable. And since I'm in a small town the biggest indoor spaces are the grocery and hardware stores - I miss having a mall nearby.
(1)

cw,

My uncle who lived in New Jersey had the same problem during the winter months.

He exercised regularly after his heart issues began. He enjoyed his long walks outside when the weather was nice.

In the winter he would walk in Home Depot because it was a large store. One day the security guard approached him and questioned him as to why he saw him daily in the store without making any purchases.

My uncle explained that he was getting his exercise by walking inside and the security guard understood.

Does your town have a senior center that holds exercise classes? Or a gym facility?

I wish there were more gyms that had indoor pools for year round swimming. It would make more sense to me. Same with hotels when traveling during the winter season.

Many hotels have beautiful outdoor pools that are only used during the summer months. I love going to a hotel with an indoor pool so I can swim at any time of the year. Plus I don't have to apply sunblock on my skin.

Malls are disappearing all over and is no longer an option. They are being transformed into other places, some are going to be utilized as assisted living facilities.
(0)

This is a small town, when they were making plans to update the combination community centre and hockey arena people asked for an indoor walking track but it was deemed too expensive🙄. There is no seniors centre, and if there are any exercise classes they'll be put on by home care groups and aimed at the 80+ crowd.

There are still two large malls left in the nearest city there but they are too far away to take advantage of. What used to be my favourite mall in the city has had the upper floor taken over by offices, I used to love going there to people watch.
(3)

Malls are a fun place to people watch. So are airports!

Indoor walking tracks are a perfect solution for people in colder climates.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter