Follow

It is week 7, and my loneliness for my husband has been unbearable. Then I found on ROKU a way to set up a slide show of any pictures. I made a slideshow of 275 pictures. Oh my goodness, it immediately was a balm for my pain. I can sit and watch it, or just see a picture when I work. It brings my history back to me. I can remember Kent, where we were, what we were doing. I can see little details like knowing when I was giving him my own haircuts. I can see our wedding pictures. I see and remember holidays. It is much better than sitting down with a book. I know you can do the same thing with smart tv’s. I hope you try it and find as much relief from the pain as I do..

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely idea to have your pictures done into a slideshow instead of having to haul out old photo albums every time to see them.
(0)

I support everybody’s pass through the grief process. I don’t feel I am living in the past. These pictures give me my history back a aplatform to stand on, so I can move onto real activities. I converted to digital photos long ago.
(1)

Proud of YOU!!!! What a great idea! My Mom is 79. My Dad passed at 92 in Jan. I make suggestions to you re: getting out photo albums. The pain is too intense. She binge watches TV & reads ..and complains about being bored. I tell her most people look at photos, clean out a kitchen drawer or a closet.. drive to the store...wander thru the market..shopping center...garden..chat longer with neighbors..sit outside & appreciate nature.. She never learned to self soothe.. Proud of you. Keep going. He is right there with you & proud of you carrying on. <3
(1)

I'm sorry for your loss. Pictures are not a help to me. I don't want to live in the past. I make every effort to make new friends and try new experiences as I am able.
(0)

So sorry for your loss. My mom passed a few months ago. I find that looking at photos helps me or keeping a special momento of hers where i can see it a lot helps me. I wish you well.
(0)

After caring for my Mom and doing all the things that go with that caring, you forget when it was good. I had to actually shut down to a point or I think I would have cried every day. Watching her go from a happy, loving person to a frail hunched over little old lady was heart breaking. And those bright eyes now were unseeing.

It was my friends who reminded me that those 3 yrs before her death were only a small part of her 89 yrs. They reminded me that Mom was a mother to all. She took our friends in and treated them like her own. I just had a man say to me, who had a great mother, that he and his 4 brothers said if they couldn't have had their Mom for a mother, they woukd have wanted Mrs E. What a tribute.

Yes, been going thru old pictures too. Nice memories, huh.
(0)

What a wonderful idea and a great way to keep memories alive. I am glad it has helped you to do this:)...I am going to try it, thank you.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter