Follow

In last 2 weeks, a pork tenderloin disappeared from the fridge...as well as a carton of heavy cream, and a jar of caramel sauce. I know it sounds kind of funny but its very disturbing. Could this be related to dementia...My LO has no recollection of any thing. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you so much, we are just beginning this road. He is still eating and taking care of himself but these mising items have really blown me away. He is also starting to buy duplicates of shaving cream, mouthwash, tooth brushes, etc, Which I believe are also a sign of dementia.
(0)

Yes! And they all end up in her bedroom! I have to go in once a week and “clean house” also if we set anything on the common table it will be gone. We cannot count on ever seeing it again . Until many months later at 11:00 at night holding it up in the air …”is this yours?” It’s enough to want to pull your hair right out of your head.
(1)

I have read on this forum of caregivers who have had to lock up the fridge and pantry due to food and eating obsessions. I'm not saying your LO has an obsession, but the food is only what you *know* has been disappearing... other things can be hidden, too, like medications, jewelry, etc.

You can consider installing a baby video camera to see what's going on. Hopefully you're not leaving meals up to your LO with dementia. My MIL thought she was eating but wasn't, didn't remember, so we had to transition her into AL.
(2)

Well yes. I found the English muffins under a desk. Took a while to find my husband’s dinner which he took to another room. Mostly non perishable things disappear- meat mallet, spatula, jackets, slippers etc. etc. definitely dementia. What is lost May return to you in odd places.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter