Follow

No sadness at all, please. I don't care about quality, just funny (not slapstick or rude) and light. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
The Philadelphia Story. Or High Society if you want to sing along as a bonus.
(1)

My Life in Ruins...about a tour guide in Greece.
(3)

"Smokey and the Bandit" with Burt Reynolds and Sally Fields.
(2)

Ground Hog Day (Bill Murray and Andie McDowell....so funny.
Also, Private Benjamin *Goldie Hawn)
Legally Blonde
Being There
I've watched them all many times and they still make me laugh.
(1)

Being a huge movie geek, I am taking this assignment seriously. However - humor is tricky. I noticed my list doesn't have anything really current. I think that's because I'm not fond of a lot of current "funny" guys like Will Farrell, Ben Stiller and especially Adam Sandler. Also, some humor like the Monty Python movies are an acquired taste. I know I'll think of more - but for now - and in no particular order: Shaun of the Dead, 9 to 5, The Birdcage, A League of Their Own, Roman Holiday, Airplane, Dr. Strangelove, Young Frankenstein and Tootsie. Also, French Kiss - which isn't overly funny but is beautifully sweet.
(2)

The Birdcage never fails to crack me up!
(5)

High Society! My all time favorite!

Hope and Glory! Always a good Movie watching on a rainy afternoon, with a Pot of Tea, and some good Chocolates! And alone, preferably! Lol!

To Sir with Love
Love Story

Musicals are my thing, so:
The King and I
It Happened at the Worlds Fair (gotta represent Seattle, Lol!)
My Fair Lady
Hello Dolly
GREASE!
THE Sound of Music (of Course!)
Funny Girl
CLAM BAKE, with Elvis!
Merry Poppins
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY! My very first date! To the local cinema with the cutest boy in 6th grade! He bought the tickets, brought me Chocolate and held my hand, HEAVEN!
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
A Star is Born

Wow, now I have a date with my Couch, my Blankie, my little Charlie-girl pooch and a cup of tea! Sending hubby out for the Chocolates!

My Welsh family relatives are leaving tomorrow, after nearly 3 weeks of go,go,go! I desperately need a couple of relaxing and recovery days, and our gloomy Seattle weather has returned, so a great time to kick back and watch some old favorites! Keep those ideas coming!
(4)

"The Long Long Trailer" comedy with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez. About newly weds who buy a very long trailer to live in and go on the trip with it :)
(3)

South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut
(0)

More fun,
Best In Show
The Parent Trap (new or old version)
AND if you want to LOL! Check out GROWN UPS. IT's hysterical.
(1)

The Money Pit and the Great Outdoors are long time faves of ours, but since I am stuck on the chair for awhile I'll be watching TV,, hope to find some good ones!!
(1)

How about some Beetlejuice or Ghost Busters? That was the era of good comedy.
(3)

"Somethings Gotta Give." Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Keanu Reeves

"Because I Said So." Diane Keaton

"As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear

(3)

Tacy - I LOVE Dogma! It's funny and so smart! Just thought the Sh!t Demon might offend.
(2)

Somethings Gotta Give and
It's Complicated.........I laughed until my sides ached.
(1)

I LOVE The Long Long Trailer!
(2)

Oh
Yeah, The Long Long Trailer, I love that one! The first New Year's Eve, when I met my now husband 31 years ago, I was So sick with Influenza (really bad! ) and he stayed on the phone with me through the whole movie, with me in and out of feverish, delerious sleep, and my ear to the phone, ahhh!
The Great Outdoors and Harry and the Hendersons! I took my kids camping one year, they were all under 9 years old, and we got rained out, so we went to town to the laundromat to dry out our sleeping bags, and do a load of muddy laundry and hit up the theater next door for a double feature of both movies, the 4 year old was scared to death at Harry and the Hendersons! Lol! Good times!
(4)

LA Story, Life of Brian, Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, Legally Blonde, Spinal Tap ('What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'), Chicago, Blackadder, Mash (the TV series) ...
(1)

And The Long Long Trailer ... saw it when I was a kid and just howled ...
(2)

If you like stand-up comedy there is a comedian named Sebastian Maniscalco who is hilarious. You can see some of his full stand-up comedy routines on Youtube. You can download them to your computer and watch them on t.v. if you know how to do all that with a memory stick and so on. Very worth watching.

One of them is called "What's Wrong with People" Another is "Aren't you Embarrassed" Really funny.
(1)

How could I forget "Clueless"?

The perfectly delivered: "You're a virgin ... who can't drive." My nomination for most devastating put-down of all time.
(2)

Singin in the Rain
Donald O'Connor doing make em laugh
(1)

Harold and Maude
Cabaret
The out of Towners with jack Lemmon

FARGO
(2)

Any Monty Python, any National Lampoon production. Recently I discovered the animated show Family Guy... which has moments of racial/sexist/other offensive humor, but surprisingly, I found it all quite funny. There are 300 episodes of Family Guy on Netflix. If you don't currently subscribe to Netflix, I recommend anyone signing up. It's $9 per month and I never run out of things to put on/watch while I work around the house, or relax at the end of the day. I've gone through all the Desperate Housewives episodes, working my way through 7 or so seasons of House, countless other shows that I missed when they first aired on their regular television broadcast. For the price, it's a good all-you-can-watch service.
(1)

And those shows I mentioned - DH, House - they're not written as comedies, but they're very light wit even given the overall dramatic plot. They work, for me, as "light and comedic" watching.
(0)

"You're b-b-b-brain-damaged and you're worried about approval ratings?"

"Or Mommy and the kids won't get to say goodbye - [to Chase] want to tell the class how that feels?"

Kidnap, assault and battery, house-breaking, substance abuse, practising medicine under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs, outspoken opposition to informed consent...

Yeah, I love House too. I love Cuddy and Foreman more, mind.

And speaking of Jack Lemmon - has nobody mentioned 'Some Like It Hot' yet???
(1)

(Correction: Netflix is $7.99USD per month. I mooch off my friend's account with his permission so I wasn't sure... I'd pay that amount in a heartbeat but I'm added as his 2nd user {included in basic subscription} so I pay nothingggggggg lol)
(0)

Churchmouse- I thought about Some Like it Hot, but anything with Marilyn Monroe tends to make me melancholy. My co-dependent nature starts thinking about her tragic demise.
(2)

I was thinking about this some more and wanted to give The Birdcage another plug. The entire cast is outstanding- not a clinker in the bunch. And the whole dinner scene - if you don't laugh out loud at least once - well, then you've got no sense of humor.
(4)

Her whole life was bloody awful, Rainmom, poor kid - what chance did she ever have? The only good thing (good thing FOR her, that is) in it was Joe DiMaggio - no one else she ever encountered didn't want to take something from her. But she did get to be the most sexually captivating creation who has ever walked the earth - I have zero lesbian tendencies but I still think so - and I don't think dying so early was the worst thing that could have happened from her point of view. She was never going to make a happy old lady.

Sodding Arthur Miller. Fat help he was.
(2)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter