Light and funny movie, please.

Follow

No sadness at all, please. I don't care about quality, just funny (not slapstick or rude) and light. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
I cannot believe these were left out:
Monkey Business (Cary Grant, Marilyn Monroe and Ginger Roger, and the Marx Brothers!), Bringing Up Baby (Cary Grant and A young beautiful Katherine Hepburn), His Gal Friday, (Cary and Rosalind Russell), People will Talk ( Cary and Jean Crain), My favorite Wife (Cary and Irene Dunne) and Topper (Cary and Constance Bennett) I have been a Cary Grant fan my entire life. These are just some of his comedies. There are many more and some dramas.
(1)

joane27: I don't like when I have to make notes to do anything. Once, my DD's setup was so complicated that she had to make notes for the babysitters (and me) too. (You had to use three remotes). Never, never, never. Can't even remember how to PVR the odd program on my setup and it's easy-peasy. Oh well. :(
(0)

joanne27, I know what you mean about making the DVD player work with the TV... I haven't used my DVD player there must be 2" of dust on it, it's been years. I know I wrote down notes on how to get it to work, there was just so many steps that I just gave up.

Oh how I liked my old VHS player, pop in the tape and up it came onto the TV. So very simple :)
(3)

jinglebts- yes, I mentioned Young Frankenstein. I'm not a fan of too many Mel Brooks movies but loved this one! Another fabulous cast - Gene Wilder was soo talented. The Puttin on the Ritz scene is wonderful but my favorite scene is when the monster is having dinner with the blind monk - played by Gene Hackman. Too funny!
(3)

You are all angels!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now if I can only figure out how to get the DVD player to come through on the TV :) !!! Thank you! Again and again!!!!!
(0)

And TV Mash and WKRP in Cincinnati, with Howard Hesseman as Johnny Fever and I'll never forget Les Nessman's mispronunciation of Chi Chi Rodriguez the baseball player's name as "Chy Chy Rod-ri-gweeze".

Ah, those were the days (All in the Family?) ...
(1)

Mama Mia!
(3)

I like the original Father of the Bride, with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor (good lord, she was beautiful then). Laughed my head off. Has Young Frankenstein been mentioned? Madeleine Kahn was in that too -- she died early, I think, but she was wonderful. Gene Wilder's version on Puttin' on the Ritz (with the monster -- Peter Boyle, I think?) was hilarious.

Love Astaire and Rogers. I have DVDs of all their movies. Gay Divorce is one of my faves of theirs.
(2)

Churchmouse- the Steve Martin/Lily Tomlin movie was All of Me. I like Steve Martin in some things - not so much in others. He was wonderful in the remake of Father of the Bride - which isn't terribly funny, I don't think but is very, very sweet.
(1)

Oo! And what was that film with Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin doing a double act? (literally) - that was gorgeous, I loved it.

'What's Up Doc?' - Ryan O'Neal and Barbra Streisand made a great couple, too. Plus you get the underrated Madeleine Khan (sp?).
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions