Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
thank you so much for sharing! I know that had to be difficult to do.
(0)

Has anyone heard of the new book out about women who have lost their husbands and through their bereavement process get together periodically to cook and do all kinds of girl things?

I can't remember the title, but I'm thinking if we find it we could each probably read it and get some good ideas on how to start a new kind of bereavement group that might lead to something special, different, better ... in the long run.
(1)

Thank you for sharing and God Bless you, Prayers for you and your family. -marty
(1)

thanks gropup;
It's too late for me to attend caregiving classes as my Mom has already passed. I stay on this site because it's important for me to vent and give my personal experience comments and thoughts to those that are going through what I went through or will be. God bless you all
(3)

My Husband, the love of my life, died in 2008. He came home from the hospital the first week of February, with Hospice home care. He never, in all our married life, forgot my birthday or Valentine's day, which were close together. He sent my son to buy a special gift for me on Valentine's day. Dying with liver cancer, his condition went downhill fast. Three days before he died, he indicated he wanted me to open the drapes by his bed. I did. Watching his face change from pain to clear happiness was amazing. I asked him ..."what do you see outside?" and in a very clear voice, he said .."My mother." His mother had been gone for 20 years and her death had deeply hurt him. After 'seeing his mother' -- he died very peaceful 24 hours later. The Hospice worker told me she had seen that so often -- the person dying would actually say they were seeing a loved one already passed. I loved him very much. He was only 59 when he died. I am at peace about his death because I know he's 'with his mother' and she was a wonderful woman.
(4)

BJ1Okla, thank you for sharing your story. 59 is indeed way too young to go. Today, my Mom has been gone for exactly 2 months. I miss her terribly and still question how did this happen? I thought I was ready to let her go, but I guess I wasn't and I am, at least, today feeling my loneliness. But enough about that, I am happy that you are at peace, I will too soon will be.
(2)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter