Follow

4/17/23 Caregiving, Grief, and Burnout

Caregivers are one of the most overlooked groups in the medical system, particularly when it comes to life-threatening and terminal illness. Family caregivers face the emotional pain of watching someone they love struggle with illness, the social stress of feeling isolated in their caregiving roles, and the physical strain of having to lift, pull, and often stay up all night. And, of course, there’s also the grief that often comes after losing someone to a serious illness. Professional caregivers—doctors, nurses, social workers, and others—also face significant stress, as evidenced by skyrocketing burnout among healthcare providers. So, in this episode, we talk all about caregivers: the challenges they face, the grief they experience, and how they can care for themselves. Host David B. Feldman interviews Dr. Dale G. Larson, psychologist and author of the book The Helper’s Journey: Empathy, Compassion, and the Challenge of Caring.

(submitted by Gena / Touch Matters)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Oh. Thank you. I hope others can see your comment. I didn't until I clicked on your name. Gena / Touch Matters
(0)

Sounds interesting! I will check it out.
(0)

This one hour audio seems to be available for streaming or download at

https://kpfa.org/episode/about-health-april-17-2023/
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter