Follow

If your Mom has dementia, siblings should not be the ones caring for Mom. Mom needs live Medical Professionals. There are Medical Professionals that will donate their time and expertise for Dementia patients. Mom would stay and home and have three Medical Professionals serving strictly her. The only cost is providing meals and lodging for the Medical Professionals.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Where is this utopian society that provides free around the clock professional care?
(9)

I was thinking the same thing. “Medical Professionals”? Like in doctors? Health aides are not medical professionals. Hmmmm...
(4)

And donate 24/7 care? Don't think so.
(4)

What? Where? Not here, that's for sure!
(7)

Perhaps they would all like New Cars at their disposal Also!
(2)

Or free phones, lol.

Sorry but what you’ve posted is pretty far fetched. Don’t come here to guilt those of us that had to place our elderly loved ones in LTC.
(5)

Sorry..I had to laugh out loud..my mom is in SNF and is doing better than if she were at home..no guilt here
(4)

Think this is an advertisement. If you are talking about certified nursing aids, they are not what I consider medical professional. Their training is 8/10 weeks. They cannot distribute meds or give shots. A Pro is someone who has gone to school for some type of degree. I really don't think an LPN, RN would work for just room and board when they can make good money working at a Hospital or NH.
(5)

It's hard enough for me to get "live" Medical Professionals to donate their
time that we're paying for. How do I get tickets to your alternate reality??
Sounds amazing! Where I live all that in home care costs a fortune.
(6)

You need to understand that when someone has advanced dementia, they need to be kept in a professional facilitly to protect their safety and everyone elses. I am a cerified nursing assiatant, and I will tell you it is damn near impossible to care for someone advanced with behaviors when they are not in a professional setting. CNA’s are NOT trained to handle this like people assume we are, I would know.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter