Follow
In what ways are u helping your kidscand grands. I was watching my infant grandson when I had to take my Demetia Mom in. He was 20 months by then. I told my daughter I could not care for both of them (I was 65) so she found a Daycare.

Depending on what your doing for them you will need to tell them you can't continue. If your giving money, sorry I don't work anymore. Babysitting, maybe u will need to cut down.
(0)

Yes to asking his cancer clinic for references to support groups.
(2)

Just Google caregiver support groups in my area. That's how I found the one that I've been apart of for the last 6 years, and that saved my life while I was caring for my late husband and was very overwhelmed.
And although my husband has now been dead for 3 1/2 years, I still attend to try and help others who are still in the throws of caregiving as it's the hardest job anyone will ever do.
Thankfully the one I attend meets every Wednesday in person(which I prefer)with the option of Zoom as well, and every Friday, Zoom only.
And the hospital where your husband is being treated for his cancer may also have a cancer support group too, so look into that.
Depression is very common for caregivers, thus why support groups can be so very helpful.
Best wishes in finding the right one for yourself.
(3)

Look for a caregiver support group in your area. Vent here as well. Being a caregiver is extremely hard. Wishing you peace as you continue on your caregiving journey.

Your profile says that your husband is going through cancer. I am so sorry. My husband went through cancer treatments too. It’s very hard to endure and quite emotional.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter