Follow

Is this just for positive reviews? We all know the Retirement Communities have a tendency to break the rules and go unchecked because "they're just elderly people" who cares.
This is titled agingCARE, well live up to it!!!

So basic Maketing 101, people will tell people about a negative experience 4x more than a positive one. It is just how it is. My problem here is it just took me 2 seconds to Google the name of the facility and the negative reviews are all done by you or your friends concerning the same incident. Personally, I would not take them into consideration just as I wouldnt take a 5 star review very serious.

If you are really concerned about the well being of residents, states have regulatory agencies which investigate wrongdoing. Whistleblowing is not posting online reviews. It is taking illegal or unethical activity to an internal department, media, government agency, law enforcement or "concerned party." A reader of a review is not a concerned party.

While your concern for your mother is admirable, I think your just addressing it the wrong way.
(6)

....And I assume some of these (on Senior Advisor) are yours as well.

https://www.senioradvisor.com/local/taylor-community-laconia-nh#collapse-reviews
(1)

Your review of Taylor is on the Caring.com website:

By mikopaq
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
It is too bad they don’t take care of the residents like they do the landscaping. My Mother was living at Taylor for 11 years when we found out that her medical alert system comlog reports were not resolved a number of times in the past year. Most recently it was found to be unplugged for over two months. They claim this system to be the security system that residents should rely on in case of any emergency. They Are in charge of maintenance on this equipment yet failed miserably in this basic task. After refusing to go to assisted living they Terminated her contract and threatened to terminate her medical alert system service as well. They ar3 currently under a cease and desist order by the State. This is just a brief review of the egregious acts we uncovered, I am not stating these things without solid records and am doing this only to make sure that any potential residents are aware of the inner workings of this facility.

Also on the Aging.com website:

I am a past client

It seems that they have more concern for the respect, honor, and dignity of their landscaping than their own residents. When our Mom moved in there 11 years ago she was planning to live out her natural life as independently as possible. January 2019, the facility's care management staff submitted unsubstantiated claims to her doctor in order to get a recommendation from him to put her in Assisted Living. We uncovered the truth, but they still gave her no option but to move or get evicted. Since there is a waiting list for her type of apartment, we truly believe that they just wanted her beautiful apartment, and that she was in their way of collecting the $275-300k buy-in fee from a new prospective resident. Let alone, in Assisted Living she would have incurred an almost triple rate increase. So it was a win/win for them, or so they thought. They straight up lied to the family claiming she needs 24 hr care. Her physical therapy discharge says otherwise and her doctor rescinded his fraudulently obtained recommendation. They would hear none of it and Terminated her Continuing Care Contract and threatened to shut off her medical alert system if she stayed past their eviction date. The State Insurance Commissioner put a Cease and Desist order on them. For her safety, we moved her out before they endangered her anymore.

(1)

Mito,
Listen to Margaret. She is a retired lawyer from Australia/UK, and knows her stuff. In this matter she can steer you in the right direction. Also AlvaDear seems to be offering some pretty sound advise as well. I know you are angry and upset. Having people demonstrate awareness of more than you have divulged is just yet another violation. One violation touches another and the emotional impact is re-experienced exponentially. I see your point completely.
In this particular case I would say that the posse are genuinely trying to do their best to offer you sound advice. Good legal advice can be a valuable commodity on this site. I empathasize with your feelings of having been violated, believe me I do, but try to get past the pedantic rhetoric and recognize that posse are offering you sound advice, and are genuinely trying to help.
(1)

Mito, None of us on this forum are at fault for anything that has happened to your loved one. We would be mistaken to take your word for something without hearing the "other side", and we are in no wise capable of coming to conclusions in such matters by your word alone. And that honestly is not what we are here for. Whatever side we would eventually believe would, in the end, not help you with your issues. You have been quite angry here with people who have not harmed you or your loved one, quite rude and critical; it is clear you feel very used, helpless and angry. There may well be good reason for that, but that is not ours to judge. There may be recourse for you in following the chain of command at the facility you have a problem with. You might consider an ombudsman. If that doesn't work, I would advise you to seek the help of an Elder Law Attorney. That person will be able to explain steps available to you to seek redress. The world is full of imperfect people doing an imperfect job. Most on this forum are here to inform and help one another. There are many things you could tell us on the forum, things you have learned that could be of help, things to watch for in costs, in contracts, and etc. But there are very few places that will publish the names of places that are "accused" by people. They would thereby involve themselves in posting things that they do not KNOW to be true, and it would/could open them to litigation. I wish you luck, and peace. I believe that dealing with elders who are our loved ones puts a tremendous burden on us, and we often send our mind down different paths just to escape the pain in our hearts.
(3)

Diplomacy can go a long way in working out issues.
(0)

Mito, FYI... It's Whistleblowing, not whisleblowing.
(0)

Actually your reviews WERE posted here and subsequently removed. Many of us read both posts before they disappeared, under your old user name downontaylor.
(1)

Shame on you Shane, this case is not in litigation nor would they want that. It would open them up to the truth being exposed widespread. This forum may not do the trick but I do see how you all are in denial or just ignorant. I have been given the responsibility of helping those that are at Taylor who need support and protection. When someone does your family wrong they must be dealt with.
(0)

Are you supposed to discuss cases while they are being litigated?
Just as you so want to “go tell it on the mountains” you are putting your case in jeopardy .
You are angry and projecting that anger on this site and it’s posters. And threatening them as well (Katiek)

We get your anger. But if your loved one wasn’t harmed you don’t have a case. You need facts not conjecture or “they said, you said”. Originally you said the monetary loss was the money from your breach of contract then contradicted yourself in a response after that.

The only person who will make money off this is your attorney ( I will bet he is taking this on contingency? Not).

Your statements can come back to haunt you if you are in the midst of a lawsuit.

If you want to sound off, go to “Yelp” & review the place there. There are plenty of angry customers on that site that you can commiserate with.
(2)

It's funny because my review was never posted here yet freqflyer, katiekate, and Margaret Mcken all seem to know what I wrote. And Know more details than I divulged. Obviously these reviews are going directly to Taylor Management and they're suppressing them. I have every thing to support my claims. Proof of the Lies, Proof of the Medical alert system being in disarray due to Taylor's negligence and in Violation of the contract our Mother signed, and MUCH MUCH MORE. THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDING. The PUBLISHING OF FACTS IS NOT DEFAMATION. IT'S WHISLEBLOWING, THAT'S NOT ILLEGAL, AND IT'S ACTUALLY PROTECTED BY LAW. RETALIATION TO IT, IS ILLEGAL.
(0)

Lurker42, Thank you, it all makes sense. My brother and I already assumed that it was someway biased towards any criticism of the facilities. Now we know! It's time that I open my own site called The Truth about Taylor. I will only discuss the issues that I have factual documentation on, and I do have a lot of it!. They're so sloppy and careless, they make it easy to tear them a new A-hole.
(0)

I have noticed that if you click the Terms of Use link at the bottom of each page it states that this site is owned by A Place For Mom who are paid to refer people to facilities.
(2)

Freqflyer, if you were truly involved with the facility then you'd agree with our issues and be b***ing about the facility he's in. They're all the same, if you don't supervise the supervisors then you'll get nothing out of them. It's sad but true, so there's no sense leaving someone in a facility when there's home healthcare available everywhere.
We don't bother our Mom with the legal BS. She is doing well and happy to be out of that prison. She's fortunate to have kids that don't put up with incompetence.
(0)

Katiekate go get spelling lessons before you leave another comment. It's ADVICE not ADVISE. Secondly, we weren't trying to get out of a contract, now you're heading towards a libel suit with me. THEY BREACHED THE CONTRACT!
Go back to school and stop using words too big for you to handle.
(0)

DownonTaylor, even when an elder is living at Independent Living, Assisted Living, or Memory Care, the grown child is NOT free to do whatever. We are still greatly involved with our parent's care. There are still a vast number of appointments, such as doctor, dentist, urgent care, Elder Law attorney, CPA, Staff/Admin meetings at the facility, etc. Thus, a lot of time off from work. I even changed job locations to be closer to the facility. The last time I went out to a movie or dinner was over a decade ago, so I don't know what you mean by free to do whatever.

We hope your Mom is doing well and not overwrought with litigation discussions.
(2)

Go get legal advise.

nothing happened as a result. Just because you want an excuse to get out of a contract...that is not a good case. You have no case....and you do risk libel. Go get legal advise.
(2)

Freqflyer, Did you ever think that your Dad is just saying that because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. There is nothing better than to be around family but if you don't want that I understand. That's what these facilities rely on. Families that look the other way so they are free to do whatever.
(0)

Katiekate, you are mistaken if you think speaking the truth is libellous. And yes there is monetary damages, the entry fee of buying the contract which was breached means she did not get the services that they are contractually bound to. And if they take us to court that would only expose them to the world of their incompetence. We would welcome that. There is NOTHING WE ARE SAYING THAT ISN'T TRUE.
(0)

I already suggested that you get free advice over at forum.freeadvise.com.

I guess that they told you the same thing....no financial damage done=no case. Yeah, it makes you mad that the call button didn’t work...but...you and Mom suffered no damages as a result. No damages=no case. I do not mean your psychology issues with security in that place. You can’t sue for what MIGHT have happened.

BUT, you should take a certain amount of care yourself. Posting what you did (and, yes, I saw it) is LIBELOUS. You can be sued by the facility for big money...further, any web site that put up your posts their name and your libelous content can also be sued.

but...don’t take my word on any of this...again...take this over to that other site...they have lawyers that will answer these questions for you.
(3)

DownonTaylor, you are so wrapped up with this situation that for a third time you have failed to answer.... how is your mother doing?

By the way, I have no shame or guilt. I was the best logistical manager any parents could have for those seven years that they needed help. My parents were very independent even in their mid-to-late 90's, so I didn't need to hover over them. Would they always take my advice? Of course not, it's the adult/child dynamics. Once Dad moved to Independent Living, I would ask monthly if there was anything he would change about where he was now living. Dad would say everything was perfect, no complaints. Thus, I knew I was doing a good job.
(1)

Taylor, you have more brains than this. You are taking your complaints to Court, and the Court will make the decision about whether you are right or not. You are asking this site to post your complaint now, before the Court makes its decision. If the Court doesn’t agree that you are right, the site would be in the position of a Newspaper publishing defamatory material, if they published your complaints. Damages could close the site down. No-one wants to risk that. If that’s the only thing that will satisfy you, then yes I am ‘Down on Taylor’.
(4)

To freqflyer,
That's your issue if you weren't spending more than an hour with your Dad. I spent weeks at a time and now I have her with me at my house away from all the safety issues at the Taylor Community. The place is a risk management nightmare and it's totally ignored because no one cares about our Seniors.
(0)

My review was posted to review the specific Facility Taylor Community. How else would anyone benefit from reading it and be forewarned!? It wasn't posted due to it being a negative review, however totally honest and valuable to any current or potential resident/victim. This is no joking matter. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.
(0)

DownonTaylor, I remember when my Dad [94] was living in Independent Living at a senior facility, I was scheduled for a meeting with the Staff. Much to my surprise they were recommending that my Dad move to Assisted Living/Memory Care.

I didn't think that Dad needed Memory Care, but then I had to remind myself I wasn't around Dad 24 hours a day. Apparently Dad was able to hold it all together whenever I visited him once a week for that hour. Dad was now falling more. Age related decline. And the start of memory loss, thus was wandering at night, trying to go outside.

So I told Dad he was moving to another section of the facility where it would be less expensive [therapeutic fib to make it easier]. Dad loved to save money so he was eager to move. Once the move was made, I felt that if Dad started to wander at night, he was safe in that section of the facility. I was glad I listed to the professionals, as this was my first rodeo.

I see from your profile that your Mom is now living with you. Again I ask, how is your Mom doing?
(2)

Caring.com doesn't Care at all. Won't post reviews if they're critical. I'm sure the facility Pays them not to.
(0)

Naming a particular facility you are litigating against on a forum can get the forum, which is in no way involved, in a good deal of trouble. Bleep out the name, and people will answer you with problems they have encountered. And, again, do check your state for Ombudsman programs, because they are often wonderful to negotiate issues with. So sorry you are going through this. Wishing you good luck. And again, go to Caring.Com to review facilities; if that particular facility has registered you can rate their care and make comments.
(3)

Go to Caring.Com if you would like to leave a facility review. This site is more a support group to answer one another's questions about caring for a loved one. So that it is in fact about aging CARE, but mostly speaking of care WE are doing in our own homes for our own families, or coping strategies to deal with problems in family in outside care. Also do know that most states have Ombudsman programs in which you can call in a person hired by the state to address individual issues. Good luck.
(4)

This site isn’t really for property/facility reviews though. There are other more appropriate sites that can help you.
(5)

No that was just one of the agregious acts that we exposed. They terminated her Contract without cause, just to free up her two bedroom apartment to get another sucker to buy-in at $300,000 a pop. They were trying to get her to move into a 1 bedroom for a year or so, but she wasn't interested. They just took it to the next level of medical records fraud, to get a doctor's recommendation and forced her out if she wouldn't go to Ass Living We have it All in writing and they still lie about it! They're ruthless and must be punished. I will spend whatever time it takes to make sure this doesn't happen again to anyone in that facility. If you can do something to make it right, it is your responsibility. This site can help if they want to, and stop deleting constructive criticism.
(0)

Start a Discussion

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter