Follow
Find Care & Housing
I'd order a universal remote (for myself) asap.

I'd also be having a VERY secure place for my handbag, wallet, car keys & anything else I valued.
(1)

Roger thank you for letting us know.
(2)

Glad you found it!

I found my mother’s perception of value skewed as her dementia worsened plus she liked to play hiding games.

She was certain thieves robbed her house daily, but they wouldn’t take cash off the dining room table. She was certain they’d steal (for example) a pillowcase she’d embroidered, so she’d hide it. She only considered value from her own perspective.

She also liked to hide her purse and say it had been stolen so I’d search her house. One day, as she summoned me (my husband or kids) for the 7th time, she slipped and muttered “This time you’ll never find it.” Instead of helping her find “lost” or “stolen” items, we started saying “Oh, sorry to hear it’s gone.”

I felt like most of it was attention seeking behaviour. She had to create conflict and drama. And get us to do things for her.

Good luck staying patient! I truly feel for you.
(1)

OMG
(1)

I found My dads phone In the freezer . His Laptop in between Magazines and His college ring a year Later Under the sink .
(1)

Yes -- I went to take my vitamin and there it was.
(3)

Great!

Did you find it when you weren’t looking for it? That’s usually when I find something.
(1)

She probably hid it on purpose, then forgot where she hid it.
(0)

Because shes super angry and the first clue was the smirk on her face? Just a guess.
(0)

I know makes me wonder. Why would she deliberately hide it. She loves watching tv.
(0)

That was obviously deliberate, not accidental.
(1)

She told me the kid next door must have hid it there LOL.
(5)

Where was it!!??? Edited, I see it was in the vitamin cabinet
(0)

Thank you, Tammy!!!
(0)

NICE! 👍
(1)

In the kitchen up in a tiny cupboard with the vitamins kind of shoved to the side.
(7)

WHERE was it? We help each other!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter