I JUST GOT MY CAREGIVER'S BILL!

Follow

OH MY LORD I JUST GOT MY CAREGIVER'S BILL AND IT'S $963.00 for 1 week. I'm paying $20.95 an hour. I'm cutting her down to 3 days a week @ 8 hours and that's that.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
Do what you can. Look at your circumstance and do what you can. I recommend if finances are an issue and timing, please have a family discussion with all who is involved. Try and convey the importants on the transition, and there will be many, and work through the situations. Don't take it all upon yourself.
(0)

i take care of my 65 year old husband who was diagnosed 3 years ago with alzhemiers. No help. I feel i am letting him down but doing all i can. primary care doc says he does not need to see him but I feel he needs to be seen by a doctor. Also I need to know what stage he is in. what do I do?
(0)

i am so happy for you i live in nc i am i need of help can you email me with more information
(0)

hi pirate, yup real expenive. were not quite ready for nursing home, but tx for info on grading, here in florida.
(0)

Hi Shai, tx for ur feedback. We are using caregivers private & senior service thru local county services. Been doing this for just over 3 yrs for M & D, both have alz/dementia. Just looking to find out if there is a govt agncy that oversess these agencies providing services to the senior people/community
(0)

Yep it's expensive, but they all say keep them at home as long as you can. Good thing the gov't passed a law (not sure if it Fed or State) that nursing homes have to show a grade like restaurants do now.
(0)

I don't know where your caregiver is from; an independent or from an agency but you might want to consider looking into Comfort Keepers. A co-worker in Floriday recommended them to me I've used them in the past and they were "reasonable" and have a rate table they use based on the total hours you need a caregiver; the more hours you need them, the lower the hourly rate. I know when I used them this summer (in NJ) they also had a 3 hour minimum shift.

Not sure if that helps but in general home care is expensive. I definitely recall doing the math for what I would have LIKED to have put in place for my grandmother and realizing I didn't have (nor does she have) an extra $4000.00 a month to spend on homecare.
(0)

have u ck'ed into communtiy based services for help?
(0)

I am living in the home of a 93 year old man and cooking and campionship 24/7. I get a few hours to myself in the am but he obviously wants more attention. I take him to doctors appointments, shopping, etc. He feels room and board are enough of a payment for being there. I'm beginning to feel like a prison with no compensation. Is this the way it's suppose to be?
(0)

@wittnitt, well said!
(0)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions