Follow

Thank you all for your support. This website helped me so much. My dad being a proud Marine, living 83yrs independently struggled when he was confined to a wheelchair the past 10 months and private Care Home the past 4 months. When he had to start wearing adult underwear and rely on others to do everything for him, he was ready to join my mom. I’m happy he passed peacefully, but I miss him terribly. God bless you all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I’m sorry for your loss, and wish you peace and comfort in the days ahead
(2)

A movie quote to honor your fathers
passing:

“Eventually things get tragic enough and then they circle around to comedy.” ~ I Wish I Was Here, Gabe

There is no right or wrong way to grieve. “...a practical jokester til the end...” - when you find yourself ready to fall to pieces- especially during these early days and at your fathers Celebration of Life - try to think of your fathers best practical jokes and laugh. I bet he’d like that.

My father has been gone almost six years now and still - not a day goes by that I do not think of him. I was blessed to have a wonderful father. It sounds like you were too!

Im so sorry for your loss.
(2)

You have my heart felt sympathy. <3
(2)

Condolences, the loss of a parent is a major one, even when knowing it was his time to go.  Amazing you can look at your blessings as you start the grieving, though we do grieving ahead of time also.  Be gentle withyourself.
(3)

I am sorry for your loss. May the Lord comfort your heart. I know how it is to miss Dad.
(2)

I am sorry for your loss. I pray you find peace and joy. God bless you.
(3)

Peace to you sadeyes, hope you find rest and comfort and memories that make you smile in the coming days.
(2)

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom died 4 years ago but I continue to come on this site to help others, if I can . Besides, it takes quite a while to get to a "comfortable" state after they've passed. The people here understand that . I pray you will find comfort.
(2)

Thank you all for your condolences. I haven’t been able to grieve due to working on his obituary and celebration of life. A memory, song will trigger tears, as I miss him so much. He was a practical jokester til the end. I know I will be a mess at his memorial in a few weeks. I quit my job of 27yrs Nov 2017 to take care of my dad. Now God is already putting my next journey in place and blessed me with an awesome job which I will start a week after the memorial. When God’s hand is in it, you just have to hold on for the ride. My dad is flying with angels. God Bless you all!
(3)

God bless you. You loved your dad. You will miss him. I still miss my dad who died many years ago. He is with your mom and I know that brings you comfort.

Grief comes in waves. The very first father’s day after my dad died I cried and cried. Our dad’s are the first man we fall in love with. We look to him for approval. We are so happy when we make him proud. Father/daughter relationships are very special.

A good friend of mine lost her dad in a house fire when she was five years old. Her favorite thing to do is ask me to tell her stories about my dad. She says she wants to hear my stories since she has hardly any memories of her dad.

Keep sharing memories of your father. I’d love to hear a story about him. I bet you could tell tons of great ones. Please share one with us.
(2)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Sadeyes. I can't imagine your pain. I am glad that you describe it as a peaceful passing to be with your mother.
(3)

So sorry for your loss. So glad he died in his sleep. So did my Dad.
(4)

My condolences for your great loss, sadeyes22. I am so sorry.

He and your mom are together. May sweet memories of them both bring you peace. {hug}
(2)

May God grant you grieving mercies during this time, may you be filled with peace and joy to know that his sufferings are over and he is with your mom. Hugs!
(2)

Sorry for your loss.
(2)

Very sorry for the loss of your dear father. I am touched that he was a proud marine as it seems many who served our country in that generation are. My dad is a proud Navy man even though he has not served actively in 50 years. Bless his heart, and bless you too. I hope the love you shared will be a comfort.
(2)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Be comforted by your good memories.
(2)

So sorry for your loss...🙏
(2)

so sorry for your loss.
(2)

Sad I am so sorry for your loss.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter