Follow

Hi, my neighbor is looking for someone to replace me.

She has no advanced directives in place, no will and no legal nothing. She owns a very modest home outright, would probably sell as is for under 100k.

I cannot reason with her, and I give up. Thanks to the wonderful replies you so thoughtfully gave me, I learned so much. I am going to focus on me now. I have needs, lots of needs.

I hope she gets the help she wants. I cannot stand watching someone call the shots and refuse to act responsibly with property and make future plans for eventual decline. I released myself from being party to it. I could not have come to this conclusion if not for this wonderful forum and the great people who post. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
This really is a great forum! I have been helped in countless ways. There is always great information. I’m glad the folks here were able to assist you.
(0)

Thanks ShariBari, for showing all of us how it is done!

I was once entrapped with a needy neighbor, who seems to have conned everyone else into helping her.

It took almost a year to break free, even though I was not her only "helper".
(3)

Betty,
I'm totally stealing the "Hopping Frog Award!"
(1)

Congratulations!
🌟🐸🌟
Hopping Frog Award!

(for jumping clear of the slowly heated pot before you boiled)

Time for neighbour to assemble a new team to meet her needs - time for you to plan for you :)
(7)

Yay! Great news. I’m glad that you are stepping away. I wish you well. Take care.

I hope your neighbor finds a suitable replacement soon.
(4)

sharibari, whew, that is a huge relief. Hopefully your neighbor will find a replacement soon. But always remember, you did a wonderful kind thing with helping this neighbor out at the beginning.
(11)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter