Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
2 3 4 5 6
Massive argument on the phone with him just now. I've had enough....

Brother is trying again for about the 20th time to get me "to do my bit". I must admit I thought I'd blocked him on facebook messenger (I have now!)

Says him and Dad both know I'm lying about not being able to visit. Dad knows and I'm like my mother (Dad hates her - they got divorced 50 years ago). Wow!
I can well believe Dad has been talking about me like that.

I'l be honest, if that's the way it is, I'm about ready to go "no contact" with Dad. The pair of them just wont take my response as answer and seem to be constantly trying to bully me into doing what they want.

Any suggestions?
(1)

"Its more the warm glow he gets because hes got me at his beck and call."

Yup, success... It would be hilarious if the bet placed won big time!

"Can guarantee Dad wont think this is an issue and be more interested in why I didn't ring him."

WHY? BECAUSE I'M BUSY DOING WORK. End of subject.
(2)

Was "on call" last night and didnt ring him as planned. Full days work till 5pm then working from 7pm to 2am. Bit tired....

Can guarantee Dad wont think this is an issue and be more interested in why I didn't ring him.
(2)

Yeh its really weird. Not the first time hes done this to me....

It seems that "getting me to it" is more important to him than the task itself. If I agree to do something, hes happy whether it get done or not.

I dont think he ever wanted me to do a bet but is happy that I proved I would do it. Its like the shopping/visits - he buys like literally 5 things. Its more the warm glow he gets because hes got me at his beck and call.

Of course, I love trekking around just to pass the loyalty test for the 1000th time!
(3)

Paul,

Your dad loves playing his games.

I think you have passed all of his test!
(0)

Paul: Your post about your dad wanting you to place the bet for the gaming, which of course you were able to accomplish, you tell him that you did and he said forget it tells me that #1 He either has no concept of time or #2 He doesn't value your time. I'll guess the later. Sad and a waste of time for you.
(1)

More games from Dad this week. "So can you put a bet on for me this week on the internet?". (Its a special horse racing meeting this week).

"No problem Dad, but it'll have to wait until about 11am each day, and then if Im not too busy"

"Oh if you could find the time that'd be good" - so I agreed.

Phoned him today "Oh I've decided not to bother". Thanks Dad. Another loyalty test for me I think.....
(2)

'Oh this is going to be fun! yep im going to hell lol"

You'll be in good company! Look me up when you get there!!! :-D
(1)

Happy belated birthday wishes, Paul!

Your brother and sister in law sound so much like my brother.

My brother parked illegally and got mad because they towed his car.

He had to pay a fine to get his vehicle back. Oh my gosh, he went on and on how unfair it was too. They are ridiculous!
(1)

Beatty - apparently she refused the on the spot fine and chose to go to court. Obviously thinking it'd go away.....

Yet another example of my families approach to life where everyone is out to get them.....
(2)

Well well. Thought the world owed her a free ride. Silly gal.

I fell asleep on the London central line many times. I think my ticket was for a certain zone but annoyingly the supermarket was one stop into the next. My housemate regularly made it, so I gave it a go one day as I had no extra time to walk it (going from day job, short break, then evening job). Caught! I feigned overshooting by accident.. but nope, copped a fine. Was a small on the spot fine or a bigger one later. Choose the smaller & paid up on the spot. Went on to live my life - lesson learned. (Charmed housemates had a laugh at my expense). Oh well.
(2)

Bit of cheerful news but I'm going to hell...... lol

Not sure if I ever mentioned this. Trains are popular public transport in the welsh valleys. BUT theres no barriers, and a lot of stations no manned office, just a ticket machine. Of course, plan is you buy a ticket. They do check on the train but its sometimes easy - if you're stop is 2mins - to avoid the guard and not pay.

They've cracked down a lot because they lost a lot of money. Of course they know people do it, sometimes they watch the same people every day. If you get caught, its a fine £100 or something.....

Brothers wife got caught. Refused to pay the fine. Got taken to court, feigned a panic attack to get out of it. Or so she thought...

At the time, I remember dad "oh that poor girl how can they do that to her, making her go to court". Ummm well pay for the train then......

If you remember, brother did the same with taxes many years ago, almost well to jail, in dads eyes that was "so unfair" too.

Anyway, they've not dropped it - £1500 fine now. Oh this is going to be fun! yep im going to hell lol
(5)

All - many thanks....

It was a strange birthday to be honest. No going out for meal - we had to have a takeaway.

Dad is unbelieveable. Makes no effort for anyone else- just does the minimum. Same old with him. Its all about him.
(2)

Paul, happy birthday. How did you celebrate it? How old do you feel?

Personally, I feel like an experienced 30 y.o., well maybe 35 the most. When some young cashier calls me "Ma'am", it shocks me a little. Like whoa! Do I look that old? Haha.

About dad and your birthday, lemme guess, you weren't surprised he didn't send you a card, were you? He is not the type of person that send cards. He expects cards, calls, and visits for his bday though.

Anyhow, the less you expect from dad, the less you will be disappointed.

About your son, that's wonderful that he's dating. So glad to hear.
(1)

Happy birthday Paul! Hope you enjoyed the day.
(4)

Didn't digest that until after I posted, so...

"I've told him he'll have to manage, give me a ring if he wants food delivered and I will sort it."

Good for you! Wear him down (riiiiiight!) We all know it isn't about the needs...
(1)

I suppose we can say Happy Birthday... You didn't have to go! So, YAY, HAPPY DAY!!!

I've reached an age where I'd prefer to have UNbirthdays... subtract a year instead of adding another.

FWIW - my mother wasn't like your dad, however she DID forget our birthdays. Kind of hard when two of us share the same day of the year, right?
(1)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Paul! I am sorry that your dad forgot your Birthday. I hope that you get to do something enjoyable with your wife, daughter and son. You deserve to be celebrated.🎂🎂
(0)

Jeez Dad really takes the biscuit.....

Its my birthday today and he forgot. So all I got was "oh I can't get out to get you a card and tell you what take £20 out of my account for your birthday". Impressed Dad - and yes you could have got me a card.

Hes been going on for a week or two about me gettting him another discount for his TV service. Like £5. I've done it before for him. I told him I'd try when I get chance. EVERY single call now he asks me if I've done it. Hes more interested in his discount than my bday.

Then hes begging me to visit next week. Turns out brother is "busy". Lockdown rules in wales still forbid travel over 5 miles. ITs all over the news. Yet Dad is arguing with me that its not and hes 86 so its allowed...... Give me a break.

Yeh OK I have gone more than 5 miles today. I'm just not in the mood to break the law for someone who cares so little about me.

I've told him he'll have to manage, give me a ring if he wants food delivered and I will sort it. Otherwise, fingers crossed the rules change in a few weeks...
(3)

Beatty: Thank you so much.
(1)

Speedy wellness to you dear Llama ((hugs))
(2)

paul: Oh, thank you so much. I haven't been feeling well at all and your post gave me a boost.💚
(0)

Funny you should ask about how FL is doing... System restart for updates, was just catching up and am reading about how they are "watching" FL for any evidence of a 4th wave. The British variant is, apparently, more widespread there. Combined with their aggressive reopening, Spring Break and of all things a 300k motorcycle rally in Daytona, they figure if it's going to happen, it'll be in FL (wonder why there is that saying "Florida, not like the rest of us..." ;-)

But, so far, despite growing numbers of those with the "variant", their case load is slowly going down. Well, it was elsewhere too, post holiday gatherings... If they have these rallys, influx of "breakers" and aggressive reopening, it will take a few weeks to REALLY know...

The article says:
"Roughly 18 percent of the population has received at least one vaccine dose."
"An estimated 30 percent or more of Floridians have already contracted COVID-19"
"There’s overlap between these two groups, which means that about 40 percent of Floridians now have some protection against COVID."

So, it would probably be best to wait a few weeks or so, to get a better picture of what's going on. By August, maybe.

At least Disney got a little smarter, or at least a little more considerate:
"(It was a no brainer - low deposit, totally flexible and cancellable)"
Entice your fans back with some flexibility. Obviously no one has control over the virus. If you punish the hopeful people, how likely are they to come back when it is safer?

Keep your fingers crossed!
(1)

NeedHelp - good news....

How are they doing in Florida with vaccinations/rates etc?

Still not allowed to travel out of the UK, or into USA so I'm hoping that will change. End of August Florida booked!

(It was a no brainer - low deposit, totally flexible and cancellable)
(3)

Paul,

Yay! You’re almost done with vaccinations.

We are done. My husband and I have had our second dosage.

Let’s hope most people will decide to get the vaccine.
(1)

Hey polar,

Yeh its ALL been cancelled. No gymnastics, ballet, swimming, netball, ice skating or horse riding for months....

All shes had is ballet via zoom :-(

Hopeful that at least the horse riding will start soon (being outside). Also the gymnastics and ballet seem quite keen. Alas, the ice skating might be a LONG time - they dont seem to be in a rush. Apparently, its expensive to maintain an ice rink and I guess they can't meet the cost or re-opening unless they're able to allow the numbers through the doors.

Son is doing well. Even got a girlfriend now whos lovely. Of course, with travel restrictions its been difficult for them..... Grade I always forget. Basically, theres next year and he'll leave school then and go to college (if he wants) - hes 18 in october.

Yep wife has 2nd dose this weekend. Both Dad and MIL have had 1st dose. I wont be long (being over 50).

Cases/deaths are dropping very rapidly here in wales. I just with they'd let things open a bit more.
(3)

Anche - feel free to join the thread!

If you can put up with my moaning that is. You need to be hard core lol....
(4)

llama - no of course not. Why would I be? Sorry if I missed something you asked me....
(2)

Beatty,

That’s hilarious! Thanks for the giggle 🤣.

At least she was able to tell you what she felt would help her, right? Poor woman, I am sure that she was horribly uncomfortable.

Love your sense of humor, Beatty. Laughter is good for our souls.
(1)

If anyone wants a laugh at this 'dear' I met today...

Get me to the toilet NOW! While I'm sitting here, get me a coffee, make it a strong one, so it will help me go. Yes I want to drink the coffee right HERE in the bathroom!! To help me S#!T!!!

I live on my own so I know what I want!

(Wonder who normally brings the coffee...)
(4)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter