Follow

Always is when I go away for the weekend with my family...

You can guarantee when I come back he's "been ill". EVERY TIME. So I phoned him - first sentence "I've been ill". Like its my fault because I went away!

STILL not taking all his medication that the GP gave him so I offer ZERO sympathy. Basically, wants me to tell him how he can feel better - "Take the meds the GP has given you Dad, if that fails then go an see you're GP but I'm not a doctor."

His words - "I desperately need you to visit the weekend." "I've got no food in the house" (Brother lives literally 5 mins drive from him - I live 35-40 mins. Brother is probably laying low). Anyway, he knows my car is in the garage so I'm struggling for transport and he knows my wife works weekends so may need our other car. So I tell him I can't promise. Anyone would have thought I'd told him I'd murdered the family next door.

Apparently, I'm "letting him down" and "need to arrange something", and "wife needs to understand". Of course the standby offer of home delivery groceries is not good enough - he doesn't want to spend the £30 minimum - they have to be hand delivered by me!

I've tried setting boundaries, I've said no can do, I've tried ignoring, I've tried just not doing. Give him his due he's relentless in his quest to get me to do what he wants!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
And did any of you get Covid? Like the 5 million or so accross UK?
(1)

Hey Paul, you just wanted to tease us? Came to say a quick hello and disappeared again?
(2)

What’s the latest in Wales, Paul? How is dear old dad doing?
(3)

Need: That's exactly correct about the choking happening in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, my daughter, who was mature for her age at 13, had the ability to remain calm under pressure. How wonderful that your daughters also took CPR classes.
(1)

Llama,

That is amazing! How wonderful that your daughter was sitting that day. My daughters took CPR classes before doing babysitting. I insisted that they did because choking can happen in the blink of an eye.
(2)

Polar: You're very welcome and thank you! When my daughter saved the neighbor's son's life, she was just 13 and she also was holding their other child, who was an infant. She promptly put the infant down and saved the 4 year old's life by remaining calm and getting the apple piece dislodged. Best of luck to your daughter as she starts her job.
(2)

Paul, how is the vaccine rollout going in UK. Are you feeling safer because of it?
(2)

Well done to you Polar for helping your daughter with her job prep 😇🤩

It can mean the world to a young person, having support.
(3)

Thanks NHWM and Llama. You both are wonderful mothers yourselves.

NHWM, your daughters are now responsible adults with respectable jobs. That's the most parents can hope for.

Llama, your daughter saved a kid's life, that's incredible. The kid was lucky your daughter was there.
(2)

Polar: You are a wonderful mom to help your daughter prepare for her job! I taught my daughter how to do many things such as meal preparation at age 9 or before. Now she is a mom herself at 48 years of age. My DD also babysat neighbors' children, even saving a child's life by performing the heimlich maneuver after his father had wrongly given him an apple.
(3)

Polar,

Your daughter is blessed to have a mom who is so supportive of her while teaching her to be independent at the same time. I did the same with my girls.

Their first job was like many other kids, babysitting for the neighbors. Then the other typical teen jobs, retail jobs, restaurants, daycare at our health club, etc.
(2)

Thanks everyone. Yes, my daughter is very happy.

My job in the next few weeks before her job starts is to help her prepare for it. She and I practice meditation daily to help improve her focus and attention span. The calendar app and reminder app on her phone will be useful tools to help her keep things from slipping from her mind. Her social skill also needs a bit polishing. She likes to keeps to herself. She will need to learn to work and talk with different people. Luckily, she communicates better with adults than with her peers.
(4)

Polar,

Yay! I bet she’s very happy. It’s important to them to get a job and earn their own money. You must be proud of her.
(2)

What great news, Polar!!!!!
(3)

Polar: Congratulations to your daughter! That is superb!
(1)

NHWM and Llama, my daughter got the job! I'm so happy for her.
(6)

Paul,

How is your dad doing these days? How is your brother? Is your wife staying busy with her nursing? Are your kids doing well? Fill us in on what’s been going on in your life.
(0)

Polar: Good luck to your daughter on her job interview.
(1)

Hi, Paul

Good to see you posting. Are you gearing up for a Disney World trip this summer? I haven’t been to Disney World since my oldest daughter was 6 years old. She’s in her 30’s now!
(2)

Polar,

Best wishes to your daughter on her job interview . You have given her support and that will take her far in life!
(2)

Paul: Hello. Good to see your post.💜
(2)

Hi Paul, with regards to COVID restrictions in the US, they are loosening up. I heard from another poster who lives in Florida that businesses are open and back to normal. Are you coming to Florida this summer?

My older daughter (who is slighltly on the spectrum and high functioning) is turning 16 next month. She's going to a job interview today. I'm feeling anxious for her. How are your son and daughter?
(3)

Hi Paul. We miss you.

How is everyone in your world?
(2)

Long time no see.
Must catch up!
(2)

Hey, Paul! Glad to see you!
(2)

hi all - how are you all?

CM - Not you.... Think its best you stay away ;-)
(3)

Nice for Meghan that she had a good excuse not to go..

I do wonder if it was kinda sad that The Duke & The Queen couldn't live together once he retired? Or were they both happier? He off in the countryside painting etc - She able to get on with it without his meddling..?

If I was a Queen & my husband was bossy, or snored... I'd absolutely have him retired to a far away cottage. (Mine is so annoying today there is not a cottage far enough 😠)
(3)

Beatty,

The focus here on ‘The Duke’ was about Harry ‘returning’ to England for his grandfather’s funeral and his relationship with William.
(0)

Hey Paul, hope things are ok? Hope you or your family have not succumbed to the Covvy, the Rona or whatever the nickname is there - or the vaccine side effects!

I watched The Duke's funeral last night. We always called him Prince Phillip but I hear 'The Duke' all over the TV now. The 'no fuss' funeral may have had low family numbers (as required) but still a lot of people! I liked the green shiny ute instead of a black shiny herse, as he had wanted.

British pagentry, musical genious & military precision at it's best.
(1)

Nah, Paul said numerous times that he enjoyed the distraction of other topics.

People have occasionally gone astray from topics on many threads.

It wasn’t that.

All of us wish Paul well.
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter