Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4
CTTN55, update: my father told me to call my brother and "make peace". I did call him but it went to voice mail and my brother has not replied. If he does there may be hope that my father will not have to live with the conflict. If not there isn't. I'm still so stunned by all this I have no idea what will happen.

I have actually looked at going to other places other than San Diego but with covid I am a bit scared to fly right now. The good thing is even though I'm in the same city as my brother and dad it is a low chance of me coming into to contact with them. So for the short term it's ok but I went through my shoes and selcted the two pais that are coming with me if I decide to leave.
(0)

Lisa, you did not call your brother to make peace in the way your father said, because you told us all here that you wouldn’t be.

As far as covid goes, well how’d you get down to where brother and dad were during the pandemic? Your car? Then utilize it to move somewhere other than this city that in the last post is like Peytons Place if you won’t fly. Then again flying is a pretty safe option considering it’s one of the few places still mandating masks. That’ll probably not last a month more, so if you want max protection, go now.

It doesn’t have to be San Diego. It need only be far enough for you two, you three, to get distance. You are not doing yourself any favors there or dad either. For now you are cut off from these two. That’s massively painful, but the longer you keep scratching at the wound, the less likely it will heal.

You said yourself you only moved down for dad. But it’s not working and you can’t hover there hoping bro will high tail it to Costa Rica. He probably won’t. So while it may sound like defeat to retreat, it really isn’t. They don’t want your help. Maybe move to somewhere with a fresh start, or back to your past hometown that you said you liked.
(0)

PeggySue2020, I did in fact call my brother, even though I was against it. My father asked me to and I honored his wishes.
(0)

Lisa, you know and I know that you could have never had a convo without it blowing up and it getting back to dad. The bro is never gonna have what you deem a mature convo with you.

So my question again is why are you there? You are as likely to get covid there than any place in the us you choose to go to. Wouldn’t it help to Airbnb it by some beach, draw a breath, and see what happens. It’s not like anyone wants you to stay, nor do you see this place as home.
(0)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter