Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Researching:
Mass Formation
Dr. Mattias Desmet

Exhausted Piper said:
"Lots of things can cause brain fog and memory issues, so this may not be dementia at all. It could be something else that needs to be treated."
(0)

Barb,

Praying for you now.

Let us know how the testing goes.

I always appreciate your wisdom in responding to others.
(1)

Barb, I think it would be wise to wait until all the testing has been done and evaluated. Lots of things can cause brain fog and memory issues, so this may not be dementia at all. It could be something else that needs to be treated.

Logically I know you know this, because you are a smart woman, but I also understand why you would be scared. Try to take it step by step we are all here for you no matter what the outcome. {{{{Barb}}}}

Please let us know the results, and how you both are doing. I will be keeping you and your DH in my prayers.
(5)

Send, sorry, that was unclear! It was my husband who didn't remember about the testing.

For some reason, nothing I posted last night showed up til this AM.
(1)

Did your husband say this, or the neuropsych technician?

["I sent an email to one of the neuropsych clinicians today and told him that he would be hearing from her. He said "what are you looking for with this testing?" ."]
(1)

Barb, I am so, so very sorry.

I wish I had just the right words to say to make things better, or give you comfort, but I find my words woefully inadequate in the face of your situation.

Please know that my most fervent, heartfelt prayers are being lifted on behalf of you, your husband and your family. Prayers for good news, courage, comfort and peace.

(((hugs)))
(2)

Test post??
(1)

Glad, it wasn't the doc who forgot; it was DH!. Sorry for not being more clear.
(2)

LOL, it was DH who had forgotten about the testing, not the doctor! Sorry that it wasn't clear.
(0)

Ahhh Barb, I am sorry to read this. I, too, would be irritated at the clinician. But playing devil's advocate, the clinician has seen numerous patients since you were in and read how many more charts and concerns. It must be frustrating, try to be patient which must be very difficult, especially now.

The same sort of thing happens at my office, often. Someone will come in or call and expect me to remember details of conversations that I had even a year ago. I have gotten better, this job is great for my memory banks.

I cannot even remember some conversations from the week before. It is not uncommon for me to talk to 50-60 people about different projects in a week.
(2)

Sharing the love Barb, but not much wisdom at this time. 💞💞💞💞💞
I am always surprised by the new things my dH comes up with, the forgetting, the denial that happened, and yes, the out and out lying.

Protect yourself, protect your tech guy, and protect your marriage.
(4)

First I would say, please don't jump to any conclusions before you have any clear cut evidence.
Then I would say, just take one day at a time, and don't waste your time worrying about what the future may hold, as worrying only effects you, and is never productive.
Life is so very short, and it is meant to be enjoyed and truly lived, not just going through the motions. So embrace each day you have left with your husband,(as none of us are guaranteed tomorrow)and try and make the best of them.
And what's the worst that can happen, he gets diagnosed with one of the dementias? He will still be the man you married and love, and so you then figure out a way to make this new journey work, and let him know that you are in it with him, right by his side.
No one ever said that life would be easy, but when it's someone that you love, you do whatever it takes to help lighten their load.
Praying for God's blessings over you and your husband.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter