Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
As I said, let the kids come out of the woodwork! The 400# quite likely will have a stroke. YOU, MY DEAR, ARE TO STEP DOWN NOW!
(1)

I'm confused. It sounds like Uncle #1 has money, at least in the case of his home, correct? Many people sell their homes to move in to assisted living. My old boss once told me that there was a special place in heaven for people like me who devote their lives to caring for their parents in their home. Yet, it often feels like I'm in hell. If you want his home, and it sounds like you don't, you could stay and try to do your best. It sounds like you want out though. I'm sure your uncle is scared of being alone or left in a "home." Some people you can have rational discussions with, and some you cannot. Perhaps outside help can make him understand his options clearly. On a side note, Uncle #2 needs someone to make him comply with a more healthy lifestyle. It's one thing for someone to not see a doctor (like my dad) but I would never let him (he's diabetic) drink Coke.
(0)

Zombie: I saw that, too! A diabetic drinking Coke is a no no-BIG TIME!
(0)

Tell Uncle #1 to sell the big house and use the money to pay for in-home help. You move where you want to and live your life. Sounds like your family has done little to nothing to enrich your life so I wouldn't waste anymore emotional time worrying about them. The Hallmark family is a greeting card, not real life.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter