I have oxygen at home but would like to have a portable unit so that I can go out of the house, however I can not afford the 20% co-pay and wondered if there is financial aid to help me become more independent.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Who is paying for the concentrators now? Medicare? I'm assuming that you're of Medicare age, and that a doctor scripted for Medicare; is this correct?

If so, speak with your doctor about getting a script for a portable concentrator. She/he can write the script, contact the DME oxygen supplier they typically use, and arrange for either a portable concentrator or the large E tanks for use outside the home.

The 20% Medicare co-pay can be covered if you get Medigap insurance, but I'm not sure if you can purchase that now or have to wait until the annual selection period for medical insurance.

How to you go to doctor appointments if you don't have portable oxygen, either in a concentrator or in tanks?

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter