Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Gooc point Margaret. I had actually not been aware that “arse” referred to anything other than a synonym for “butt.”

But as long as we are talking shades of idioms, a popular Spanish term is “pendejo.” Most Spanish speakers will say it means an idiota, or a bastard. A few will say it’s a slang term for the anal cavity.

My own opinion here is opposite grandmas regarding her personal bad word that has passed PG filters since before PG14 or whatever was a thing. I myself don’t give a blessed gosh darn about said word, and either does the AP. Or the FCC. I’m more irritated that the last sentence sounds like a South Park parody to even get through.
(2)

funkygrandma,

We live in strange times. Anything goes as far as language, profanility, or obscenity is concerned so long as it's entertainment and this is especially true in the hip-hop community.
Yet a person says certain words with no insult or offense and they are finished. Lose their jobs and everything else. It is what it is and that's the world we live in.
Political correctness to the point of absurdity, yet the most despicable depravity is perfectly fine.
(2)

hugs! well...we all try to write politely...

...i can understand admin's censorship of bad words with asterisk ***.
...and i can understand people who say, they want more consistency. more censorship! more asterisk ***.

totally off topic:
i have to say:
i'm someone who never swears...and then suddenly when something happens, sometimes a word comes out of my mouth (by the way, it's quite a mild word), and i'm totally surprised/shocked - so surprised that i'm much more concerned about that, than whatever actually just happened. maybe it's therapeutic for me :). my attention is totally diverted. :)

anyway, i'm also one of these people who don't like swear words (butttt, once in a while, in the right context, like in a movie, it can be funny).

------
another funny quote:

"The worst thing about censorship is ----- "
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter