Follow

Due to recent events, site leadership ordered the permanent closure of accounts that engaged in public conflict in the forum or caused other disruptions. This decision is not up to the moderators and cannot be appealed.

Some users were given a seven-day suspension instead of being permanently removed. Those users have been notified of their suspension and the reason for the decision. Their content on the site is preserved, but they cannot access their account until it is restored.

At the direction of site leadership, we will be implementing the following three strikes policy:

• First strike: 7-day suspension

• Second strike: 14-day suspension

• Third strike: Permanent account closure

Site leadership reserves the right to skip the strikes process and close accounts immediately based on member conduct.

Moderators will not have the authority to reverse suspensions or removals and will not discuss them with other members.

These boundaries have been drawn to preserve the safety and integrity of the forum. As usual, please review the Member Comment Policy for prohibited behavior, and report content that feels inappropriate.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
We got the message already. I think you can take this message down now. We are kind of sick of looking at it.
(25)

AC - PLEASE TAKE THIS POLICY WARNING DOWN.

MANY OF US FEEL INSULTED EACH AND EVERY TIME WE HAVE TO SEE IT.
WE ARE NOT CHILDREN THAT NEED TO BE WARNED THAT WE WILL BE PUNISHED IF WE BREAK THE RULES.

IT IS INSULTING TO US!!!

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF EVERYTIME YOU TURNED ON YOUR COMPUTER TO WORK, YOU GOT A WARNING FROM YOUR BIG BOSS TELLING YOU TO BEHAVE OR ELSE? I BET YOU WOULD FEEL YOU WERE BEING TREATED LIKE A STUPID LITTLE KID.

THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE US, MATURED AND RESPONSIBLE CAREGIVERS FEEL.

STOP IT!!!

THANK YOU
POLARBEAR

P.S. IF YOU DELTE/CENSOR THIS COMMENT, OR SUSPENSE OR CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED. THAT'S HOW LOW OF AN EXPECTATION I HAVE OF AC.
(7)

Yes, MD, I am aware I am likely on the wrong thread. I just don't have time to figure out sending messages. Takes too much time from Forum itself.

I was wrong anyway. It did work well first edit, but second time I did it it was a bit scrunched. Alas, as no one saw what I wrote ANYWAY, guess it doesn' matter, hee hee. To me it's no biggie to fix my paragraphs again.

Anyway, if Techies or Admins tune in I wish them well! And on we go.
(1)

MD, “If the problem continues, someone will need to write them a message using the contact form on 'About us' page.”

Yes, but sometimes they don’t reply. So posting here is a faster way to reach them. Plus if you don’t post here, others don’t know that you noticed the same problem.

I confirm, AC:
edit button still doesn’t totally work.
(2)

I'm glad we're finally able to delete private messages. Is there a reply option for pm's? Either way, thanks for the fixes 👍
(4)

Alva, the edit button isn’t totally fixed yet. Try editing more than once (like 3 times) (let’s say you needed to edit 3 times) (by the 3rd or 4th time that you click edit, all your paragraphs will again be scrunched up together.)
(2)

Admins and Techies:

Today when I went back to correct one of my posts I noticed it showed as written, not all scrunched together.

Want to thank you for the FIX on that pesky thing where we go back to edit and all our paragraph work was missing, the post entirely scrunched up on itself. I hope it will last! As an 81 year old I often need to go back and repair my work, and I so APPRECIATE this and all else you do for us.
(3)

Cat,

Same here. I select permanently hide the widget and then it returns.
(4)

Barb,I saw that post but thought you were hacked. The whole thing made no sense to me.
(2)

Im sorry to complain on this thread but I did try emailing about the widget as suggested but email didn't go through. It's covering the left upper side of my profile page and im unable to use the search feature. I did hide it and then pops right back.
(3)

Poamom, I'm going to te-post this in Questions to see if we can get you some advice.
(1)

Im the POA of my mother is homebound, unable to, worries So bad that she literally can not make a decision when it comes to anything
Melerly asking her her needs she can not make a decision without feeling that she is making a bad one, in her mind she scared to touch anything because she does all wrong. she is blind so all legal information i have to review I almost had her to where she could function without a care giver and she can't stay home alone because she will call for help on days for the tiny things. We got so close the a landman got ahold of my mother and her sisters to buy her minerals. I was notified and the sisters decided not to transfers however the landman came over and MOM SIGNED! My aunt's and I tracked him down and he said that he wouldn't send in and will destroy. Well we court houses for years 2 infact and no problems welp they Re transfered even my aunt's. Minerals or hard court don't care if it signed than it's as good as done. What can I do?
(0)

Please review and remove jeanniebug1969 posts. I have reported the rude comments.

This poster has harshly criticized posts from JoAnn, Lea and InFamilyService. As you know, they are longtime contributors of this forum and have helped many people seeking help as caregivers.

Thank you!
(9)

Send, if you click on the blue person, it launches an accessibility menu.

Unless you have an antique iPad with abysmal internet speed. Then it launches a blank box. (my honey bought me a new Android phone)
(12)

Thanks for bringing this thread to the top of my newsfeed again.

I do not know what to do with the little blue man at the bottom right of my screen, but I notice it goes where I go.

I will ask my husband, I guess.
(1)

I appreciate changes being made, as well.

I would like, however, to echo Burnt's post below. We are still seeing some people coming to post nonsense posts over and over --a very very few, but noticeable. Very recently one was posting over and over a few words to do with loss of control of body functions. We had trusted members asking that the admins look into the poster, and we reported the poster. But it seems the poster stayed, and moreover began posting openly to our own messages the little kitten in sunglasses, saying "Hi" with a smiling face. Mine can still be seen on my messages page.

It can seem as tho such a person, unaddressed by our AC admins, is well-placed to draw snarky comments for which we might get a 7-day?

I would love to request, also, if we ARE suspended for seven or fourteen days, or if we are ever banned from AC, that we would get an email from AC telling us so, and informing us as to the reasons.

Thanks admins, for your hard work on behalf of us all.
(9)

I appreciate the changes that are being made.
(1)

Igloo572,

The events and disruptions we refer to in the post have to do with members posting publicly about grievances with other members. We have enacted a three strikes policy because this behavior is not in line with our guidelines for the forum.

This post is not in response to any “hack”.
(7)

Good Morning Mods, I do need to ask…. was this forum hacked?
(4)

Hi BurntCaregiver and Needhelpwithmom,

Moderators do take context into account for reported posts. We do a great deal of reading before deciding to remove something, unless it is a clear cut rule violation like profanity, or outright conflict between members that has no place in public posts.

A text box for reported posts is a great feature idea, and one we will pass along to the tech team. A note from them: Developing new features takes time, and must be prioritized along with the other work happening on AgingCare, especially the work that isn't visible to everyone but helps keep the site running. The tech team is working on a process to allow users to submit this kind of request somewhere other than forum posts, so they do not get buried. Please know that while you submit an idea, it may be a long time before it is built because other improvements have to be made to pave the way. We'll be updating the tech team forum post as work is released so the community knows what work has been done.
(9)

I have seen an increase in agitator activity on this site from posters who are only commenting to cause trouble.
They are coming back time and time again despite being reported numerous time by members.
There are many here who will report upon the content of a thread as being abusive simply because the responses they receive do not support what they want to be told. These responses are not offensive nor do they contain any inflammatory language or provacative subjects or suggestions.
There should definitely be an option as NeedHelpWithMom suggests where posters may give a brief explanation for why they are reporting.
(7)

I appreciate being able to report a comment. I think it would be helpful if there was a comment section where we could briefly explain why we are reporting the comment.

What are your thoughts? Are you interested at all in knowing why someone is being reported?
(8)

I hate to say it but many times we have reported comments and nothing is done until there is a virtual melee....I hope some consideration will be given to people who are the victims of nasty comments and were only trying to defend themselves.
(12)

Hi Newbiewife,

The Tech team is doing some work to allow moderator posts to be pinned to the top of newsfeeds, we'll update when that work (along with other fixes) goes live.
(3)

Should this also be posted in the discussions section? And is there a way to mark it so it stays at the top and doesn't get buried?
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter