Follow

It is always stressful.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Yeah, I get that. It’s unnerving that you can’t come and go as needed without her becoming stressed. That’s hard for all of you. I’m so sorry that you are struggling with this.

Best wishes to you and your family.
(0)

Im 41 years old mom with 4 boys and a daughter that's 3years old. My husband and older boys help me some what that helps alot but she gets this fear that I'm gonna leave her when I go to the store real fast without her. It drives me nuts sometimes
(1)

I think people don’t truly realize what they are in for when they agree to be someone’s caregiver.

Some people think it’s easy until they do it themselves. They have no clue how much the job of a caregiver entails.

If you find that you need help, please reach out to others. You can start with your aunt’s doctor, Council on Aging or a social worker.
(1)

This is a life changing situation for both of you. I’m so sorry that you are struggling with this.

Is this temporary? What are your concerns? Do you work? How old are you? Can she be left alone? How involved are you in her life?
(1)

Welcome, Hope.

I expect it must be extremely stressful taking care of a 64 year old lady who has had a stroke and needs 24/7 care in your home.

When did this happen? Where did your aunt live before the stroke?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter