Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
GA,
PCP initially thought her leg, feet and hand pain was diabetic neuropathy. She gave her neorontin, 200mgs 3xdaily. It doesn't help. Since the legs are getting worse she ordered a test for her veins. Ah what's the name of it??? Can't recall, it's a something series. She referred it to Mom's vascular surgeon.

We see PCP on Weds. And vascular surgeon on Thurs.

I haven't brought up hospice to any Dr before. I thought she would get somewhat better. But she's really suffering and PCP is so reluctant to give her pain meds. due to the opiate abuse running ramped, especially in this area. We even have Drs who refuse to give any narcotics at all. They tell all new patient this upfront.

It was like pulling teeth to get the few she'd given Mom, even at this small dosage. Again she referred us to the vascular surgeon for pain meds. Mom might need beyond the little bit she gave her.Which was only to get through until Mom's VS appointment.

I'm really at a loss. She's really just had it.
(3)

I will pray for you to have strength..as I know it isnt easy emotionally and spiritually...always ask for help..have faith..things don't last forever..
(1)

Pepsee, I am so sorry that you are in yet another dilemma. If its not one thing, its another.

Is your mum aware you are recovering? I only ask that because if you get 'stronger' medicinal's from the doctor, will that put you in peril too? Luckily you have a great DH looking out for you both.

Can you get the doctor to make a 'house call'? This way he may get a better picture of all the problem your mum is having?

When I am a bit down, I play some music and hoover the who;e house. I have the music up full blast (I have good neighbours lol) and sing my heart out. Now imagine me with my walker in one hand and hoover in the other, singing my head off. lol

I send you a smile, love and hugs. Don't forget to look out for your self at all times.
(3)

I agree about hospice. If she's that sick and immobile hospice should take a look.
(3)

Hi Windy, I'd love to have hospice evaluate her. I know they don't come into a situation unless death is about 6 months off. I just hate to see her hurt so much.
(1)

Pepsee, Hospice can’t be ordered for pain control. Check with her doc. They can use the good stuff for folks. Call,hospice for an eval.
(2)

Pepsee, I wasn't aware that your mother had such complications or that the deterioration was so intense. I wish I could offer some consoling thoughts, but right now, none seem to come to mind.

I wonder though if she really is too well for hospice. She's clearly in a lot of discomfort, and if I understand correctly, it's accelerating.

Was this subject discussed at her last ER visit or doctor visit?

I don't recall the reason for the shaking and the pain. Could you refresh this old memory of mine? If both of those symptoms are becoming worse, that might change a hospice evaluation.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter