Follow

Ok. I am going from with my advice, from someone like myself who has vascular dementia border line progressive stage. Understand this is coming from my heart. That I'm going you all idea suggestions what you can do for your family member. Call mid America council of aging for help. Get a social worker from social services. Get online with society of America of dementia and get aware share card, and also get bracelet ID for them. And make sure the place is certified with Medicaid. I have vascular dementia since six years now and it runs on my dad side of the family..so please. Saying with in my heart and soul.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Your so very much welcome. I do have vascular dementia that is into border line progressive stage. They are a god 🙏 send for me. There is a Facebook support group. For the ones that has dementia.like me. Yes I am In a long road with this and it's not easy.
(0)

Glad to see you here. Your input is IMPORTANT for all of us.
(0)

Thank you Dskil57. We read posts from caregivers, but seldom from those who are actually living their life with VaD. We can surmise what you are experiencing, but cannot truly understand. Thank you for sharing and giving all of us some first hand advice.
(1)

How wonderful that, with all you are going through, you have taken the time to reach out to help others. This is just marvelous advice and you cannot know how many you will help with this. There is on Facebook more than a few pages where those with Lewy's Dementia, which my brother suffered from, give good advice to their own community; one many even did until very recently lectures.
Thanks again for coming to Forum. I am so impressed with your bravery and your determination to help others.
(2)

Thank you, Dsk, I never heard of Society of America for dementia. I will certainly check the site out. Wish you the very best. Prayers sent to you.
Early.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter