Follow

My husband who now has dementia/alzheimers depending on which doctor you talk to - went to our family doctor for his 6 month check up. After doing a urine sample the doctor told him "Pull your zipper up, you don't want to bother the ladies in the waiting room." Without hesitation my husband replied "What can't get up - can't get out." I was embarrassed but once I got home and since then it cracks me up. Such honesty and he wasn't be a cad - just open and honest like a child. I still smile when I think of the doctor's response - he didn't say a word.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My father has been through hell and back the last two months- lumbar infection due to Covid19 went to the hospital too late- hospital- rehab- home with an IV infusion daily - back to ER with another infection - Monday thought he wasn't going to make it, it was so bad. he went from driving and walking up two flights in march to mostly bed bound in June and constant debilitating pain a difficult time all around. We called this morning and he screams "I"m Alive"and starts chatting up the nurse. My mother a difficult, narcisistic, complicated woman only sees the negative in everything I don't think I've ever heard her laugh with such joy - granted this may all be short lived but it was really wonderful to hear that after two months of hell for all of us. Of course tonight when I called he told me he was going to marry my mother tomorrow, we are not a touchy feely family but this was the best day in two months even though I know it may be short lived and dementia is setting in. Really difficult not to be able to visit I can only imagine how difficult it is for the patient.
(1)

Hi! I reposted your funny story to the joke site that polarbaear linked you to. I hope that's OK!
(0)

That's funny!
(1)

There is a joke thread with many followers. Your story is funny and you can post it there if you want. I'm sure it will make some of us smile.

https://www.agingcare.com/discussions/caregiver-jokes-152323.htm?orderby=recent
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter