Follow

I was hired by a client to help him with his move, and when I started, I asked where he might be moving to.
Imagine my suprise when he said he didn't have anywhere to move/go to, that he *might* be forced to live in his car.
The thing is, he's being evicted from his apt., and I think he may need help, with life planning?
But I'm no expert, any idea where to find advice on what to do?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
thanks, but in chatting with the client on Yahoo Messenger, he sounded pretty determined to live in his car. I pleaded with him, I said *now* is the time to sell an asset (guns or jewelry) or two, but he refuses too. I wish I had gobs of time to devote to him, as he's a Hurricane Ike survivor and a senior, I'm sure there's help available for him (but I don't have the time)
(0)

Depending on what state you are in there are agencies you can contact for help. Adult Protective Services does not deal with that issue but unfortunately their name does sound like they would be the right agency to talk to. If you are motivated by kindness, then try to get him hooked up with people in non-profits who handle homeless and who will follow up with him and not let him fall through the cracks. Someone needs to find out what the story is behind his problem, you can't assume anything. With the economy in the state I live in there are people who made 100K who are now at food banks and one step away from their car, if it hasn't been repossed.

As far as friends and family goes, it is sad that he is alone. Who knows why. I hope that you are able to help him where you can - you sound like a nice guy
(0)

txmaggie, thanks, he has some assets, jewelry/guns, but he is making the choice to live in his car. It's the damndest, saddest thing I've seen, he is/was an educated guy and all...I can't help but wonder where his friends and family are (or do they already know something that I dont? ;(
(0)

How old is this gentleman? Perhaps you could contact Adult Protective Services. I have no idea what is going on or what will happen with the eviction, but if he is indeed suffering from dementia and doesn't have any assets, they may be able to get him help from medicaid and also housing.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter