Follow

So many of us have become close and it would be such a beautiful thing to know when someone has lost a loved one so that we could stand by him or her and comfort with words. It would also be a great place to find "normalcy" again with people who have gone through the death of a loved one. Anyone agree?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
That sounds wonderful..as you know I just lost my mom to dementia less than a week ago. It would really mean a lot to have a memorial page for those of us who are mourning the loss. The support and love that I have been shown is what's got me through the toughest times. And of course...when our loved ones are gone it helps when others can be there to encourage, hug and ease our pain with kind thoughts and memories. Thank you!
(0)

Aging Care CM: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This site has been a godsend and to know we can get "and give" more comfort from each other is a wonderful thing. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
(1)

Way to go admin... I knew you would hear us !!!! Thank you so much for continuing to make this our safe and loving place to come to....
My brain has exploded with ideas... so let me think about this and come back... Thank you so much for hearing us.....
(1)

Great news...I received feedback from the site development team and they love the idea! They are going to make this a priority project. Please keep posting your ideas regarding a memorial page within this discussion. This will allow them to draw from your ideas in their implantation of this feature.
(3)

Bhenson, you can also start another discussion for support from other caregivers who have experienced death of their loved one. Look, there is the Dysfunction Family thread that is still thriving. There's the Gross thread that is still thriving. There's the Caregiver How are YOU that is still thriving.

Just make a NEW thread with a Title that would Alert posters what it's for. For example: Memorial Garden of our Loved Ones.
Or....Caregivers - Support After our Loved Ones have Moved On

I mean, you all can play around or brainstorm the titles here and then agree on the best title. Remember, it has to be a title that will Catch people's eyes and Still Tell What that thread is about. Dysfunction,Gross , Caregiver how are YOU - All tells us at a glance what it's about. You can do the same for the Memorial and for the Caregiver Support After.
(0)

I got that same response weeks ago when I first posted this. I've heard nothing since.
(0)

To all of you: Good News! I just received this note from Admin: "Thank you for your suggestion...I will pass it along to our development team for consideration." So at least I know they did look at the suggestion for a Memorial Page. Hopefully we will hear something soon.
(1)

Also, when someone passes away, I don't want people to have to search for support and see if others have posted about their dear loved ones passing. It would be so good to have a place to be able to validate their feelings of loss or whatever feelings they are having. It would also be good for those of us who have lost someone a little while ago and are still not doing too well with it. I certainly wish that the administrators would chime in on this.
(0)

bookworm it sounds good to me. I really wanted a memorial page where the name would stay. Most of us have been on here for a good amount of time and have put alot of our hearts into answering and asking things. I agree that we can start a discussion but I guess I was wanting something a little more permenant. I have nothing against starting a discussion.
(0)

You can still start your own discussion. When someone's loved ones die, we can gently give them a HUG and copy the link for them. Just say that it would be nice to alert others in AC who have been following their post, to let them know of your mom's passing. Or something more subtler than that! (Sorry, I'm more of a straightforward person.) And I don't know about you Bhenson, but I have come across posters mentioning the deaths of loved ones on this site every week since December. I don't think it will be a problem that it will be in the Bottom of the stack. We just each have to take a role in gently guiding posters there when the time has arrived. If you want a photo of your loved one, you can change your avatar to a photo of your loved one. And it will be permanent as long as you don't change your avatar.
(0)

The problem with starting a discussion like this would be if it's not used for awhile, it will go to the bottom of the stack and new people won't even know it exists. Thoughts?
(0)

Nanieine,
I too have waited for something from Admin. I sent this in quite a while ago but have really heard nothing from them. I also sent you a private message that I'm hoping you saw.
(0)

Of course, I don't know how we could add pictures of our loved ones. Maybe I should just wait for someone from Admin. to answer. I'll give it another week.
(1)

Maybe we just have to start a "new discussion", and call it" Our Garden of Tribute". Should I start it?
(1)

I think this is a great, great idea! This forum is so important and brings many of us closer to each other because we're all facing the same losses. An area specific to those needs sounds so wonderful...I like the Garden idea...
God Bless all of you...
Athena
(0)

I think this is a wonderful idea....I'm in!
(1)

Hi Agingcare.com Admins...I think this would be a great idea. I have to jump around so many threads before I find out that so-and-so's parent or loved one has died...2 days ago. I sent a HUG of sorrow but...2 days later.

It would be nice if caregivers can come on to that specific thread and post a final update of their parent/loved one. Then we, other caregivers can "follow" this thread and get updates whenever someone posts their sorrow.
(1)

I think it's a GREAT idea!
(1)

I just sent a suggestion in also. We could have it be some type of Garden or something. I think we need it.
(2)

Thanks to all of you. I sent an email to admin and hope to hear from them. I'll let you know if they say they want to hear from others as well. Hugs
(3)

Send an email to Admin... and tell them of your wish.... you can email them by looking under Help Center under your avitar.... I think this is a great idea... let us know if you need support in the way of many of us emailing....
(2)

I would love a place for that too. I'm about to loose my mom. She is on hospice and is in "crisis mode". We don't expect her to live more that a week or so. Does anyone have an idea of how this can become a reality?
(3)

I agree. I lost my Mom on October 31st and think about how I miss her every day. I would love to have a place on this site where I can post a couple pictures and my sentiments. Plus, I would feel closer to everyone knowing who it is they loved and gave care to.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter