I mooned my mama tonight. I am losing my mind.

Follow

Yes, you read that right. What a day.....I don't even have a whole lot of detail. Other to say I am so ashamed of myself but yesterday when my brother visited and Mama went from a catatonic sleeping beauty to a comedian on the Tonight Show upon the mere sight of him, I just give up. It must be nice to get to live your life exactly as you choose and show up once a week for an hour or two and Mama treats him like he is the be all end all of all time. Forever Mr. Awesome, the golden boy of all golden boys...and all I am is a pack mule. After putting up with her staring at me and refusing to eat today and crapping one load after another, I just lost my mind and mooned her...and yes I am ashamed. I am going to h*ll.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4
bookluvr...nope, I was the quiet one...the one who never caused any problems, the one who always did as I was told...that got old in my twenties
(0)

You have nerve! I wouldn't dare do that... You must have been one wild teenager! Or led a very adventurous life.
(0)

You are very stress out and probably burnt out and you probable come from a family like mine with a sense of humor on top of it all. lmao No worry's so you moon her, I am laughing my head off right now I think its no big deal. Your not going to hell there is no hell period.
(0)

She used to get furious with me when I even hinted she might want me to run some bath water for her. Have run the gamut from being sweet (not my nature, ha-ha), putting in some bubble bath, making things all cozy, offering to help to getting angry, which seldom accomplishes much. She does occasionally take a washcloth to herself but we all know that don't quite take care of business. And don't get me started on brushing teeth. I lay things out for her and she may or may not try to use them. I do change her sheets and wash her clothes all the time though she will hide her dirty underwear sometimes, which as you guys can imagine aren't hard to find after awhile. My sister and niece tell me their dogs probably get bathed more often than mom does, and I sure believe it. Oh well.
(0)

Spraying her down with Glade- I never thought of that. Thank you!
(0)

Cidy take her outside and hose her down then she will have to take her clothes off and you can spring into action with mop and bucket.
(1)

I love it. Tops my spraying mom with Glade because she smells so bad and won't take a bath. I laughed when I did it, which felt better. But she still stinks.
(1)

Good idea Susan
(0)

FadingShadows brings up an excellent point. Think I'm going to start a new thread on this - might help enlighten many people - maybe even ourselves!
(1)

Hope, agree with Chicago, get your Mom into a NH. My line in the sand is bedridden or chair bound. I took Mom to a really nice ALF only 6 miles from the house, she wouldn't even try to like it. When I brought her home, she said it was nice, but she'd rather stay here (no real surprise there) anyway, I told her that was fine but when she can't get around anymore, she will have to go to a NH. That is keeping her on her feet and moving around. My back won't hold up to holding and turning, have already injured it from the last time she fell and we got her up, still having problems that don't seem to want to go away.

Bedridden needs 24/4 nursing care and you are working all 3 shifts. Too much for one person.
(4)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions