Follow

I have been burnt out for sometime, on and off, probably more on than off. Trying to figure out how to enjoy my early retirement with my aging husband before it's to late to do so

I've made a big decision, I'm going to tell my mother and brothers that I need one week off a month, no matter what, any appointments and errands that week are going to be there problem, I will be in a better mood those 3 weeks on. And it doesn't matter if I am home doing absolutely nothing, other than phone calls I am not doing anything. That week is my week . I couldn't of made this decision with out you all.

Because of you guys now I know I can do this

excellent! Do it and stand firm!
(Easy for me to say as I'm struggling to do even a secret day off and stick to preserving those rare days for myself and not giving up time in those days. but I'm working on it)
I like your plan! tell them the week off is sacred, and you just cannot be bothered during that week, and then you will do a great job in the other 3 weeks!

Then , you can adjust it later depending on how things go!
(2)

I don't really mean nothing, I think I ment even if I do nothing, it's non of anyone's business. In other words my time. Thanks so much for the positive response!!!
(2)

Great idea! Doing nothing is rejuvenating for the spirit.
(1)

That's great. It's imperative that we look after ourselves. Do whatever is good for you!!!
(1)

YES!!!

Take that time and do nothing or something---let your brain and body heal.

Maybe this can segue into MORE time off and a larger support system for you!
(1)

Good for you for recognizing that you need proper rest.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your time off!
(0)

Great! Keep us posted.
(0)

I am cheering for you! Fantastic!

Yes, the shared stories here are invaluable!
(1)

Well done!!!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter