Follow

I sent it back about 3 weeks ago certified return receipt at post office with date, but they claim the information requested was not provided. I fax everything I get from them to an Elder Law firm I’ve been working with..Mom is at home and 91 yo...it’s Medicaid Homecare....& application first sent 15 months ago!!! Everyone says it should’ve taken no more than 1-3 months!!! I paid so much $$$ to Lawyer when I decided to switch from nursing home application to home care since I discharged her from nursing home March 2017. I applied also for CDPAP program to be paid when Medicaid approval came through, but now they asked to fill in date, which I DID & still they denied!!! I just had a feeling with all the delay games they were playing & looking for excuse. Meanwhile I’ve been paying out of pocket for everything: Home care, incontinent supplies, & I’m now taking on more days caregiving in addition to overnights...I could just cry but what is that going to accomplish? 13 months of playing paper games: faxing record keeping, sending everything to Lawyer all for nothing....what a waste of time for nothing. I stay home to take care of mom & I feel like I was punched in stomach today.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
CAll you local Area Agency on Aging and ask for their help.

Is the eldercare attorney that you're working with certified in this area, i.e., Naela or CELA certified?

What was the reason given for denial?
(3)

Why wouldn't they play games? It's not their life that is being disrupted. I know I dread anything that comes from my former employer asking me to prove that I am still disabled, if I wasn't, I'd still be working, antholes!
(1)

The Eldercare attorney is supposed to be tops in Long Island,NY and handles Medicaid, etc & they have offices all over NY....& they were expecting an approval!!! They said Medicaid approved the pooled trust thing they were setting up & this was like it came from left field!!
(0)

So, what is the REASON for the denial of Medicaid? We're there undisclosed assets? Or are there simply some details missing?

Medicaid is retroactive to the date of application, isn't it?
(0)

Of course your attorney will appeal it.
(0)

Barb from Bklyn: the “reason” was they said the date was left blank....which I sent back to them timely! There were no hidden assets. They previously claimed that they moved their office & had computer problems, then said dr didn’t sign diagnosis form or put his license number! They were looking for excuses & played delay games. My mother is 91 w dementia/Alzheimer’s. I have enough problems already without this crap. I feel like I’m going to explode!!! Thanks to everyone for your caring & very helpful answers. I appreciate it!
(1)

CaregiverL I can understand your frustration. I hope you don't mind a question....the date on what paperwork was blank? If you are POA and did not sign personally admittance form you are not responsible for the bills.
(0)

CaregiverL I can understand your frustration. I hope you don't mind a question....the date on what paperwork was blank?
(1)

The date on a page of the Medicaid application...they had written note to fill in page 6! I’m so confused & frustrated ...I just did what they asked & still it wasn’t enough
(1)

CaregiverL Unfortunately I found out the hard way myself ....they nit pick ....I would save ever bit of info paperwork they send you... write down your actions following up.... write doen who you spoke to etc
....try to get the one person who really cares..... to assist you.... this may be difficult but... stay calm I drove them nuts with kindness and patience then if I had,an issues I had a log of all the issues that made them look so stupid....
... when you..... Call or go to the office speak with patience and explain your situation. This actually worked for me.
(1)

You said you sent info certified? Call them and tell them paperwork was signed by so and so on such and such a date. Its up to them to find out where the paperwork is. Get the lawyer your paying so much for to do his job.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter