Follow
I discovered if you keep plenty of hats and aprons around and you change your appearance when they are having behavior issues, they go back into a mellow mood thinking you're someone else..it worked for me every time. I hope its a good one for you!
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
OHHHH what a funny and good idea =)) my folks haven't progressed to that but I certainly will keep that in mind if and when they do. I am definately behind being in "their world" and whatever makes them happy makes me happy~
(0)

Katzy, great ideas and ones that I actually used myself. I actually did that and even added a nurse's cap for when I had to take Mom's BP. Even a 'fake phone call' to the doctor when Mom wasn't willing to take her meds seemed to help too

Let's keep sharing ideas that help(ed)s us deal with the challenges of Alzheimer's or dementia..
(0)

I really think you need a good sense of humor to deal with Alzheimer's and dementia. It keeps them happy and helps keep your own sanity!!!
(0)

That is freaking Genius.

Can you see that advertised in the Alzheimer's catalogues?
Sell a box with a bunch of aprons, hats, wigs, etc

Genius.

lovbob
(1)

I never thought of that, but I can see how that would work. Thank you so much for sharing I will definatly try that with my Mom. Bob is right, you are a genius.
(0)

HA HA, dont think that will work on my mom right now. She has a bunch of church hats now, and if I came down with a hat on she would swear it was hers! But that is a good idea for later and I am keeping a journal now of my moms days with me, I will put that in the help list I keep in the back. Stay in touch with the ideas, got a feeling I will need them later
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter