Follow

My grandmother who had alzheimers, was in the hospital and the doctors had given her little hope. (I can't remember all the details but she was very sick)

Long story short. My dad came home and started gathering her insurance policy/etc. I began questioning my dad as to why he was doing this. His reply to me was the doctors told him it was time to start preparing. That the time had come.

I told my dad, "The doctors do not have the final say, God does." I told my dad, "My grandmother was going to live."

Can I tell you that my grandmother lived many years, thereafter.

Just because things may look bad in the physical eyesight, "Don't you lose faith in the one who gives and takes life." He is the one you put your trust in. Not man.

I don't know why I am saying all this but I felt in my heart that it needed to be said.

Be encouraged.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
IsItReallyReal

I miss seeing you on here. Hope you are doing well.

Blessings
(0)

ITRR

Amen

If God be for you who can be against you. : )

You be blessed.
(1)

Nothing is impossible with GOD.

He sits high on the throne looking low.
(1)

Stacy, did I miss a comment? I didn't see the comment you mentioned. Likely got reported. And that's what I mean. The admins are good at this. And will take care of things.
Like you I love pigs. I grew up on an Illinois farm in the winters, and sometimes the sows would give birth a bit unseasonably, with freezing temps a danger to the babes. We used to bring piglets in the house, open over door on warm, have them swaddled in towels till they were strong enough to survive. Honestly there's nothing quite so cute. Hate to hijack Hailey thread over them, but a fun memory.
I was told once before "You don't have to comment on EVERYTHING". But, hee hee, sometimes I think I do. Have to, that is. In any case, up to us what we comment on, until we are told it isn't. Up to us, that is.
(2)

RR,
Your post is confusing to me, here on Hailey's tread; if someone is harassing you on the Forum I think you should perhaps approach that person by private message.. I would bet you could work with that person in private, rather than on Hailey's thread.
I doubt very much that people are able to remove one another's posts on Forum unless something inappropriate gets said.
I also am told by others, though I have no idea how to do it, that there is a Contact Us for the admins. I am certain they would be helpful.
I myself often use the "report button" if there's a duplicate posting, or if someone seems to be advertising, just so they will check with the admins before doing it. Other than that I have only had to report ONE person ONE time for calling me a name, I requested the admins remove the post; they did. I know the admins will make decisions they feel are right if anyone ever has to report wrong doing.
People are on Forum, for the most part, with good heart and straight heads to try to help others. We are all races, creeds, colors, ages, sexual persuasions, and I think we all get along remarkably well.
(2)

Stacy,

I like pigs too. I saw a woman at my farmers market that was walking a tiny cute little pig. I’ve never seen one like that before. I don’t know if it was a baby or a certain type of breed. I don’t know a lot about the different breeds but this little piggy was adorable!

You are right about not having to respond to everything. I have been guilty of responding when I probably didn’t need to.

Great point!
(0)

I am not sure what is going on here but my horoscope says my ideal pet is a pig, as in quirky or unusual. I love pigs, my solar lights are pigs, they are so cute.

As for the Hailey and ITRR drama, there have been a few threads that concern me. The "christian bully" comments kinda blow my mind.

The word bully is also a verb meaning to coerce which is kinda being done from an outsider perspective. I am not allowed to comment or respond to certain people or statements so I will refrain from that as they cannot comment in return.

I think between this and another thread, things have been blown way out of proportion. Just because you do not agree with another poster, it does not mean you can bully (verb tense).

For those who have never been an outsider here, just try to look at things from a different perspective. Not every opinion needs to be commented on.

(3)

Real,

I feel that we all have a voice on the forum. We can all live in harmony and even learn from each other.

I hope that one day everyone will be open to learning something from each other’s views even if we disagree.

Feeling frustrated can be normal but I feel that we can have a discussion without anger, or God forbid dislike for each other.

I happen to love fire and passion in a person as long as it isn’t harmful to others.

I also like quiet calm individuals like my sweet husband who speaks volumes very quietly.

There’s room for all of us. We can all bring something to the table. We can achieve a healthy balance with each other. I have faith that we can. We’re adults.

Hopefully our parents taught us to be independent thinkers, as I taught my children and we maintain our individuality.
(2)

Absolutely, Hailey,
Our country is FOUNDED on the right to religious freedom for every man or woman, to believe in and to practice his faith in his or her own way.
I cannot believe there is a single soul on Forum who would ever wish to deny you the comfort of your faith.
I find the words of the bible to be poetically lovely. As are its parables.
So, may you continue long to post, and may your God hold you in his hands, and may all be right in your world.
(1)

Hailey,

Let’s hope that no one is against you as an individual who is entitled to their own opinion just as we all are.

We can respectfully agree to disagree on this forum and in life in general.

Please don’t take different views personally. I respect your beliefs. It doesn’t matter if we don’t agree on everything.

Wishing you and everyone on the forum all the best!
(1)

NHWM, I am not after anyone, regardless of what anyone thinks. I wasn't aware that the social media marshal was getting my posts deleted. So it seems like she is again, using her opinion as fact. Hopefully she just leaves me alone.
(1)

Hailey, God bless you and keep you. If God be for you who can be against you. They know not what they battle against.

Take care of you and don't cast your pearls before swine.
(1)

These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭6:16-21‬ ‭
(1)

"If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins and heal their land."
(2)

Alva,

Oh, okay. Thanks for update.

Hopefully, no one is upset and the issue is settled.
(2)

I thank the admins for removing the two posts I requested removed.
Need help, RealyReal isn't after you, but rather after me. Because Admins removed some of her posts at my request, in which she suggested (and now has REPEATED) that I am a "practicing witch" and have told "other posters" that I am, it looks as though she is commenting on your contributions. So give it not another thought. You aren't a Voodoo Priestess and I am not a Wiccan. Alas. I think most on Forum understand that about us?

I accept your apology RealyReal, but I am afraid you have put forth in it yet another falsehood. I have not told any other poster that I am a practicing witch. Had I done so I would have known to use the correct term, which is "Wiccan" just as I know to say "Christian." I am a non-believer. We don't believe in Witches. Or voodoo. Or hoodoo or any other nonsense. Our belief is, if you will, non-belief. It doesn't rub off. It cannot hurt believers.
You might want to go back to this poster who told you that I am a "practicing witch", and let them know that they may also have misunderstood. Then THEY are invited to write me for clarification, as well. I am always happy to clarify. I never hold grudges.
As to hijacking posts, I invited Hailey to tell me if she would like me not to respond on this or any of her posts. She has not done so. When she does, unless I am having to respond to another poster calling me names, I will not post again on any post of hers, and that gladly and without acrimony or grudge.
In the interests of not hijacking this thread still further by either of us, again I invite you to hash out who I am and what I believe in private messaging any time you like. That is, quite honestly where this sort of thing belongs, so as not to disturb others.
(1)

Real,

I did apologize and explain that it was simply a conversation about the unique city that I live in.

We aren’t an ‘anywhere USA’ kind of place. It’s has a diverse belief system due to the history of our region.

People settled in America for the right to have religious freedom without persecution. I respect that.

I certainly wasn’t trying to persuade anyone of any belief system. It has never mattered to me what people believe in or not believe in as long as they don’t harm anyone.

I have never participated in any of those practices. I have never had a desire to.

I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church which only accepts the Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit with Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

I feel our own personal faith is an extremely personal decision for all of us.
(3)

Only what you have shared with other posters.

If you were miss understood then I apologize for believing that you are a practicing witch.

I still stand by asking you not to hijack a thread giving the glory to God with hoodoo and voodoo.
(1)

Man will fail you. That is why my hope is in God.
(2)

Hailey, everyone is entitled to their own experience and feelings.

If you feel certain posts are off topic of your intent, feel free to report them to the moderators and I am sure they will be more than happy to remove them since it is not the intent of the thread.

This is a loving and supportive forum. I am sure no one wants to discount your feelings.
(0)

RealyReal,
Of course Hailey has a right to her opinion. I will stress "TO HER OPINION". AND her belief. As does everyone.
Hailey also has a right to make HER OWN VOICE heard to me, if she would like me not to comment on this or in fact on ANY future threads of hers, I would be more than happy to honor HER WISHES. Hailey can tell me that here on this thread and I will more than gladly bow away from the thread or from this and any other future threads if that is what she communicates to me.
Moreover I will open my private messaging for 24 hours (only) so that HAILEY can communicate with me in the next 24 hours if that is her wish.
Hopefully, RR, that will address your concerns for Hailey. I trust Hailey to make her own decisions and wishes known.
HaileyBug,
if you would prefer my not commenting on this thread, or even on ANY thread of your own, let me know. . I would happily honor your wishes. I tried to turn on my PM here for 24 hours. Don't see the little message "light" below my name, but hopefully you can message me there, or here. No problems if you wish me not to comment to your posts; I would happily comply. I would prefer to hear that from you, however, rather than someone who may believe she is has your own best interests at heart, but is nevertheless is speaking for you. You take care.
Al
(4)

So sorry Hailey and ITRR, I didn’t mean to. I apologize. Thanks for pointing this out. Just thinking out loud, I suppose.

I didn’t mean any disrespect. Just sort of reminiscing. I got distracted. My mind was wondering a bit.
(3)

NeedHelp, Paul Prudhomme story is a charmer. I so remember him. That man had the happiest face. Imagine it came of eating yummy things so long as he lived! I can't imagine being a chef and staying slim. He is iconic in a culture that is also iconic.
(3)

Thank you for waking me up this morning, Lord.
(2)

asmallvoice

Amen.
(0)

Shell,

The media doesn’t usually portray New Orleans or the Acadiana culture accurately. Hoodoo doesn’t believe in using their magic to harm others, neither does voodoo. Occasionally, people will use it for the wrong purpose, in the case of a curse or hex but that isn’t the norm.

Want to hear a funny hoodoo story?

You know who Paul Prudhomme is, right? Famous Cajun chef. He died several years ago. Anyway, he grew up in the Acadiana area of Louisiana. He later moved to New Orleans. Cajuns practice hoodoo.

He was a very large man but when he was a young child he was very thin and sickly. He was Catholic but his parents dabbled in seeking out the folk magic to help him build up an appetite.

God bless Paul, he had a darling sense of humor. He used to say that it worked a little too well. Hahaha, because he always struggled with his weight.

Dr. John, a New Orleans musician grew up Catholic but took up voodoo later in life. His real name was Mac Rebennack but he took the name Dr. John to honor a local voodoo priest.

Coco Robicheaux, (real name was Curtis Arceneaux) another musician was quite eclectic and he was from a Cajun family where he helped his grandmother do rituals in folk magic.

They are both deceased. I loved their music and saw them many, many times!
(3)

NHWM,
I didn't even know hoodoo was real! I thought it was made up for that movie with Kate Hudson "Skelton Key." That is some scary stuff!!
(3)

Alva,

Yeah, I feel like we have to honor our thoughts but as you say, dismiss what isn’t working.

I don’t think we can control every single thought that we have.

I feel the same. Beliefs are extremely personal to all of us. I believe in the freedom to believe as we wish or not believe in anything at all.

The religion practiced historically in my area, New Orleans has been Roman Catholic due to the French and Spanish settlements.

We have the beautiful St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square and many other lovely churches of all denominations.

We have a few synagogues, Buddhist temples and a mosque in the city and outlying metro areas.

Having said that, we also have an eclectic crowd here. Anne Rice grew up here. As you know, she is the author of vampire novels. She has held many vampire balls here. We absolutely have a vampire culture here, quite fun during Halloween season!

New Orleans has it’s history of being a port town. We have a horrible history of slave trading here. Many slaves were bought and sold here. They brought African and Haitian voodoo. There are authentic voodoo temples in the city, not the touristy crap that is peddled.

Then we have the southern folk practice of hoodoo which is similar but different from voodoo.

We also have practicing witches in our city. So it’s quite a mix of beliefs.

Voodoo here incorporated some Catholic beliefs due to being forced by the slave owners to be baptized Catholic. But voodoo was practiced in Congo Square.

I say to each his/her own!
(2)

Bad through and through, NeedHelp. Prayers accepted. Anything positive put out into the universe is a good thing. I just don't do the nonsense of threats of hell and promises of 40 virgins and Dogs over the rainbow bridge (I always wonder what the WOMEN get if the men get virgins? A new set of pots. And I would kill to have all my many dogs, cats and horses back).
Truly many people are greatly comforted by their belief. I am for ANYTHING that brings comfort to anyone, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
Some people don't even need religion to get some wild juju going like you should think positive thoughts or your cancer will kill you! Heck, mine was in 2 nodes and I am still here 34 years later, negative thoughts and all. Negative thinking won't kill you. Cancer will kill you. Viruses will kill you. But negative thoughts? Nah. Let em in and let em back out again. Once a doc, when he asked how I was doing with the cancer and I said "Good so far" said "don't even THINK that" and I said "What, cancer won't kill me but a thought will". Pretty much I encourage people to think whatever they would like as long as they act sweet! I honestly have zero problem with anyone's belief; it is personal to them as their own thumbprint; I hope as well they have no problem with my unbelief, because as I said, it is no choice. I just don't believe.
(4)

Great answer, Alva!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter