Follow

Between everything, guardianship, a caregiver agreement, eldercare law, medicaid, va benefits, etc. Just venting...again!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Not sure if it's my daughter or a niece on my husband's side?
(0)

Lost in the Mix: Right...the insurance co, etc. will not deal with anyone but your MIL or the person she she might have assigned POA to. Who has POA?
(0)

I have thought about Uber, and to be perfectly honest, I have never thought of a college student, to get some of this done.   And I do have access to that,  duh on my part! 

I guess I just thought that because I am a daughter in law, that I would be unable to do this? ! I have tried to to talk to her insurance company, etc and have been told on numerous occasions that they are unable to speak with me or deal with me as I am not the holder of the account or the bill.
(0)

OBoy! I miss Mom but not all that went along with her care. I had put my nephew on the back burner because I just could not deal with one more form. I am happy to say, he has been excepted as a client to the NJ DDD (Dept of Disabilities.) We have a person that nephew will report to. This person is to set up services he will need. We also have an Independent living assoc helping. I have already run into a problem. Long story, but called this caseworker last week about a voucher he was to look into leaving a message. No call back as of today. All I ask is that u return my call within 24 hrs, even 48. Be honest if you haven't been able to get the info but call. This all was set up so I don't have to be involved with nephews care 100%. Another long story.
(1)

Lost, what would happen if you just...stopped. What would everyone do? What if, God forbid, aliens abducted you and “the others” had to deal on their own. What would happen? Seriously? Has it ever occurred to you that they use you because you let yourself be used? Even by your own man. You’ve said he does nothing to help and she is HIS MOTHER! Your own man is using you! As long as you allow this, for whatever deep-seated feelings of obligation you have, they will let you. Call Uber if you need to go somewhere, because they sure as heck ain’t takin’ ya, hon. Nothing is going to change as long as you tolerate this. And you will.
(3)

Lostinthemix do you know someone that is a college student that has a car and is kind? Just an idea but they need cash, if you spend money on the. Sole Benefit of a person you have a fiduciary duty to pay for these things. Just keep a lot of funds and issues you need to do these errands for.
(0)

It'd be easier if I could drive and get some stuff done, and not have to depend on others to do ALL this.

In order to do this, it seems to me, you HAVE to do THAT! It all just drives me crazy and, no, it's not easy, for sure.
(0)

What's going on now? Vent away...............
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter