Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
cap'n is so right. If your aunt is of sound mind, you have no legal leg to stand on. It'll be her/their word against yours, even with documents.
My moms doc did the same thing. Asked her a bunch of stupid questions, in front of me, and said she was a sharp as a tack. I don't know if she actually had dementia but she definitely had mental problems of some sort. I never liked nor trusted that doctor.
My mom had a caregiver from an agency, who took my mom to the bank to have my name removed from her accounts because she told mom I was stealing from her. I promptly told my mom to get her ass in the car and I took her back to the bank. Eventually this stellar caregiver had my mom convinced of all kinds of things. Mom, with caregiver's help, got a lawyer on me, I got a lawyer to defend myself,mom disowned me and then she died. Guess whose name was left out of mom's will (me) and whose name appeared first (caregiver). And drumroll please...it was all legal.
You did what you had to do to protect your aunt. You have documentation. Now I wish you luck. If I could've done anything, I'd have mom's caregiver in jail but my mom, as goofy as she was, wanted it that way.
(3)

She is not of sound mind, she has dementia of some kind (changes Docs any time one hints of this to her) and is almost blind. But my gut tells me the law won't do anything until she is broke and than she will become my responsibility again.
(0)

if your aunt is of sound mind she can light cigars with hundred dollar bills if she wants. our doc asked mom what year it was and who the current president was and decided from that that she was capable of making her own decisions.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter