Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
Sorry, I meant to type your name, yvonne, not msmissy's. My apologies to you both.
(0)

msmissy, You are not alone in feeling sheer annoyance at well-intended and hollow comments from others. Have been there many times. Nothing wrong with venting. For the most part, I think many people mean well, and simply don't know what to say, though there are others who, let's just say, God bless them. How's that? giggle I understand. Think of meaningless (to you, personally) comments like shampooing your hair. Just wash them right off without any guilt. Sometimes people don't realize that silence can offer far greater support that coughing up platitudes. Tired makes sense. So do tired days. So does a whole lot of love for your husband. He is blessed to have you in his life, as only he (may) understand, and God. That's about it.
(2)

Yvonne I know how you feel. You just vent all you want, you deserve to do that.

When my mom first got sick I had a friend who kept saying this: "you got 6 in one hand and 1/2 a dozen in the other" I kept saying whatttttttttttttt is she talking about, well just why did she keep saying that. Then it dawned on me it was because she really didn't want to hear what I was saying.

Maybe when people at work ask about your husband, change the subject so they won't ask.

Just keep venting here, that's what this site is for.

Pam
(1)

I'm sorry about your husband. My situation may not be the same as yours, but I really really understand your frustration and tiredness. When I'm going through a hard, traumatic, life-altering time, the last thing I wanna hear are people's insensitive or unthoughtful comments. There are times that I don't even want to hear the bright side of the story, I just want somebody to relate to and to vent.

The truth is, we NEED to hear the bright side to keep going whether we want to hear it or not. From what you've said, I don't know if you've heard much of anything good or not. I do know that God doesn't go around placing sickness on people. What kind of father would do that? But I do know that he always works it out for the good. ALWAYS. I personally believe that he's a healer too, because He says he is. I've seen it with my own eyes too. We never see a good end result when we're in the middle of the storm, when all hell is breaking loose around us, but like all storms, whether it's a LOOOONG storm, or a brief one--they pass. I can tell from your story that this has been a LONG one for you. The bright side is is that they DO pass. I'm in one myself. But I have lots of hope. I'll be praying that you and your husband find hope in Christ too. Part of having hope is taking the burdens of life, and "giving it over" to God. When you're "giving it over" to God it just means that you're saying to Him "Here. I can't handle it, but you can!" This issue can only be in either one of two places: your hands or God's hands. If you keep bearing the burden, you'll get tired and stay tired because it's too heavy for you. Don't pick it back up! Yes, in the meantime, you still have to do the daily things to take care of you & your husband, and all the while as a wife go without having that normalcy that a wife should have, but I dare you to choose to look at it from a different perspective: That WHEN you place your problems in God's hands, he's committed to take good care of you and your husband. I'm also praying that your husband would be completely healed. I'm crazy enough to believe that that will happen for you, and when it's all said & done, you'll have a good story to tell-- to give someone else hope!!

**BIG HUG!!**
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter