Follow

I am her POA. They called my brother because he lives by her, so at 5 am he signed the paperwork for her to go. He is worried that he might be liable for something so I get up no messages. I called the nursing home to verify the Home assessment for tomorrow they said if they don’t call back it’s ok. Well they called back and said she isn’t there they took her to the hospital. I asked what happened she said she was unresponsive this morning and she was med flight to this hospital three hours away. I asked why didn’t you call me well we saw you live in Wisconsin and your brother is right there. But I am POA well my brother didn’t call so I called him and he is saying he was down there to sign the paperwork and he can’t get down there until late tonight and then he said see she always says we will do it later. He was angry still about my daddy’s will really but he said she is in a coma and it’s the same as Dad if I hadn’t called the nursing home I wouldn’t have known anything. He just went to work I was hysterical I called my husband who was at work and he is a cop he came right home they had to put a breathing tube in in the helicopter. She is in ICU she is sedated to keep her comfortable with the breathing tube they are giving her medication to get her blood pressure up and fluids and they are taking cultures to find the right antibiotic. She is all alone and we are just half way there. He blames his life on my mom. She talked to him and he said he was done farming. It broke her heart he is mad at her because of my daddy’s will. The will doesn’t matter because it’s my moms. How can you be so cruel and she is giving him everything except 10 acres but he wants that too. She told me that we will all sit down together to make sure it’s done right. I told him that and I will make sure we do it then he said we need to get her better first she is 80 years old so that’s my moms fault.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank the Lord, that is good news.
(0)

Thank you for the update! Thinking of you. Take care of you!
(0)

It’s wonderful that she got the help she needed. I know how bad septic infections can be. Take care of yourself!
(1)

HAPPY all turned out well.
(1)

Yay, glad to hear this! Thank you for the update. Hope you can catch your breath now that your mom is feeling better. Thinking of you.
(2)

Good news, Staff
(2)

I'm so glad mom is out of danger, Staff!
(2)

Thank you everyone for your prayers I apologize if I didn’t word things correctly I just needed support and I thought I came to the right place I am truly sorry I know it wasn’t really a question I guess anyway great news as we got there they were taking the breathing tube out and she was responsive I guess they had to put her in a self induced coma she was septic and had a blood infection I was shocked my brother was there but the first question was how much is the helicopter is it covered i just walked away he left while I was with my mom the next day she was alert but confused and she was kinda mean to me but that’s okay they moved her to a regular room she didn’t have to take antibiotics no infection she wasn’t septic anymore you are not going to believe what it was parainfluenza 3 which causes respiratory failure which spiked her pulse and lowered her blood pressure and caused her to be septic I hope that this is okay to post I am just giving an answer to a question again thank you
(5)

Dear StaffBull18...So sorry your Mom is so ill and may the hospital care help her rest peacefully and recover. Just stay as calm as possible and you and your husband will do your best to help her and you are the POA contact so your brother should not have been contacted. For now do not worry about your brother and just go one step at a time to care for yourself and Mom's needs. Highest blessings to you both and may your Mom recover. Sending hugs and prayers. Keep us posted when you can.
(2)

Prayers!
(1)

Any news, Staff? Have you got there safely? What's going on now with your mother?

Two thoughts:

1. Take one thing at a time. Right now, the one thing is your mother.
2. None of this entire situation is your fault or even your doing. You just focus on your part, which is supporting your mother. Never mind your brother, how he handles stuff is his business and his problem.

Big hugs to you, update when you can.
(4)

Thinking of you and your mom.
(1)

Staff,
Have a safe journey - good thoughts that antibiotics and fluids help mom
(2)

Hang in there staff, will be praying for Mom.
(2)

Staff, I'm sorry your mom is so ill.

Have you spoken to her medical team at the hospital?
(3)

Staff has posted before so that's why the post seems confusing.

Staff, so sorry about your Mom. The nursing home was in the wrong. You should have been called as POA. When all is said and done, I would bring that up to the administrator. Surprised they allowed brother to sign off.
(2)

Staffbull18,
I'm so sorry your Mother is so ill and I'm glad she's gone to a hospital.
Try to keep calm as best you can.You will be needing your strength.
{{{hugs}}}, Lu
(2)

I’m very sorry you are in this situation, but your post is very confusing, difficult to read and I am not sure what you’re asking. I know you are upset. When you are more calm and you have more info on what’s going on, try to repost with sentences and questions. I hope it all works out for you and your family.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter